DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Air Lift RideControl kit for my 04 ram 1500 qc, 4x4. I have add leafs in the rear, keys up front and 35x12.50 tires. The bags have plenty of room, but with the add a leaf, the bracket falls pretty close to the bottom of the frame. If I could flip the bracket over I wouldn't have any issues. I don't see why it wouldn't work but I need opinions before I go drilling holes in my frame. Here is a link to the kit. https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/59551/

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
I had that kit on my '07. I see no reason you couldn't flip it, as long as there's enough room to get the bag below the bracket. With the AAL, you should have enough room. The only thing I see is that the top bracket sort of "nests" the top of the bag. If you flip the bracket you won't have that nest. The load should all be in-line with the bag so I don't think it would be a problem, because I don't see how there's any risk of sheer force and the bottom bracket isn't nested. Of course I'm no engineer, so what do I know. Seriously though, that's the only issue I could conceive. If the nest really concerns you, you could always weld or bolt a plate to each side of the bracket so you extend the side a little beyond the top (what you'll be turning into the bottom) of the bracket. As it is though, I think those are just like that for rigidity, not to nest the bag, but IDK.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed Air Lift last night when I made this post. I was fully expecting them to tell me to use the product as intended. But they actually told me that flipping the bracket is acceptable and there would be no negative effect. They told me that as long as the bracket falls within the range of the alignment tool, that it will work fine. Thanks for your reply.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
No problem. Glad to hear they confirmed it will work that way too, instead of just going of my assumption.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure you watch that the airlines don't rub the bracket when flipped, I would look into getting a new air fitting for the top of the bag, either a straight or 45 deg fitting...just my two cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts