DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 2500 diesel 4x4. I have a 2 1/2inch leveling kit now, i want to put the Rancho 4.5inch lift on, can i clear 37's with that? The reason for not going with a 6inch lift, i would not be able to fit it in our parking garage at work.

can it be done?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
so you think a 4. inch and 37s will

how tall is the garage i know my truck with a 3 inch and 35s wont fit in many parking garages and if it does it is on the bottom floor

which stinks because most parking garages are set up so you have to drive through it( meaning go to the top before exiting at the bottom)

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
if it won't fit with a 6" lift/37's, why would it fit with 7" lift and 37's?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I'm running 37x13.50s with only a 4.5" lift no spacers and they don't rub, it's on an 01 CTD but still they should easily work for you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chauncy said:
if it won't fit with a 6" lift/37's, why would it fit with 7" lift and 37's?

not sure what you mean

2.5 leveling + 4.5 lift = 7 total
vs
2.5 leveling + 6 lift = 8.5 total

i have a buddy with the same truck 6 inch lift and 37's and he cannot fit but just barely, i think being 1.5inches shorter i should be able to fit.

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
LS1POWERED said:
2006 2500 diesel 4x4. I have a 2 1/2inch leveling kit now, i want to put the Rancho 4.5inch lift on, can i clear 37's with that? The reason for not going with a 6inch lift, i would not be able to fit it in our parking garage at work.

can it be done?

thats a crappy reason...get the 6" lift and park elsewhere :D

·
5,089 Posts
if you buy a 6" kit, or a 4.5" kit, and keep the leveling kit, the front is going to sit 2.5" higher than the front unless you do something about the back

imo, buy a 6" kit and dump the leveling kit and run 35's, better power, better functionality, and can still park at the Mall

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Chauncy said:
if you buy a 6" kit, or a 4.5" kit, and keep the leveling kit, the front is going to sit 2.5" higher than the front unless you do something about the back

imo, buy a 6" kit and dump the leveling kit and run 35's, better power, better functionality, and can still park at the Mall
Your right except the power part 37" tires won't affect the power of a CTD whatsoever. The only bad part of only running 35" is because well they aren't as big as 37" :D

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
mocho said:
Your right except the power part 37" tires won't affect the power of a CTD whatsoever. The only bad part of only running 35" is because well they aren't as big as 37" :D

your kidding right when you say 37s wont affect the power i plus most everybody here notice a difference in just putting 35s versus stock size

not tyring to start anything but i would bet almost anything that he will notice a difference in power with 37s

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
1_ton_mega_cab said:
your kidding right when you say 37s wont affect the power i plus most everybody here notice a difference in just putting 35s versus stock size

not tyring to start anything but i would bet almost anything that he will notice a difference in power with 37s

i have 37s....i noticed a difference in power

·
5,089 Posts
it won't be noticed as much as my hemi, but it'll be noticed

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
nitis said:
I saw one guy squeeze 37s on h2s under a 3" llift I have 35s with no lift.

i had 35s on stock rims but it hit the control arms and wen i added after market rims with backspacing it hit the inside of the fenders

even with my 3 inch lift and aftermarket wheels i still hit the fender once in awhile if i come off the road to offroad hard

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
mocho said:
Your right except the power part 37" tires won't affect the power of a CTD whatsoever.
Yea right. :thatfunny I can tell a difference even with my 35's. It's not necessarily the weight (although that does play a small role), it is the change of gearing.

LS1POWERED, are you sure you can still use the leveling kit with that lift? Have you already checked with Rancho? I am planning on going to 37's also, so I'm interested in what you end up doing.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hemi Freak said:
Yea right. :thatfunny I can tell a difference even with my 35's. It's not necessarily the weight (although that does play a small role), it is the change of gearing.

LS1POWERED, are you sure you can still use the leveling kit with that lift? Have you already checked with Rancho? I am planning on going to 37's also, so I'm interested in what you end up doing.

im wondering the same thing if the leveling kit( spring spacers) will stack with other lift/lifts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1_ton_mega_cab said:
im wondering the same thing if the leveling kit( spring spacers) will stack with other lift/lifts
I called a couple of offroad shops around here and no one seemed to know if we could stack them, so looks like im just going to ge a 6inch and ditch the leveling kit. any reccomendations? im looking at a tuff country lift now.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
LS1POWERED said:
I called a couple of offroad shops around here and no one seemed to know if we could stack them, so looks like im just going to ge a 6inch and ditch the leveling kit. any reccomendations? im looking at a tuff country lift now.

four wheel parts has got the 6 inch super lift right now with a free shock upgrade ( to bilstiens sp??) and 100.00 off labor

it is for mine a little over 1800.00 parts and labor out the door

·
5,089 Posts
the 4wheelparts deal on superlift with bilsteins is a good deal

and no, you can't run a lift kit and then blocks on top without custom fabbing the steering and control arms etc. etc.

and then a custom driveshaft

it's worth the extra 500$ for a lift kit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.