DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1997 dakota 2.5L 4cyl just a truck to get me to work and back, I came home from work, parked the truck, the next morning it would not start. it would crank over, but not start. ran fine the day before. please help me

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
Could be a number of things-I did a quick Google search and ran across these:

Troubleshooting Guide for No-Start

Troubleshooting Guide for No-Start #2

I recently had a similar situation with my S10 and it ended up being a bad fuel pump. A mechanic told me that when they go bad, you can take a block of wood or rubber mallet and bump the underside of the gas tank, and sometimes this will cause them to start.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

·
The Cherry Express
3,846 Posts
You need spark & fuel, the first 2 places to start. And a lot of the times it is the simple thing's that get overlooked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you turn the key to the run position - don't crank over the motor- do you here the fuel pump run? It should run for a few seconds to pressurize the line. If not you may just have a bad fuel pump relay. If you here it run then the relay is OK. Get a fuel pressure gauge and check that the fuel pressure is in spec.

Hope this helps.
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.