DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having troubles deciding what can shaft to put in my carburated stock 360. im looking for a nice LOB sound(spaced out explosions, makes it sound cool, probably a larger one) and better horse power as well as better gas mileage all in one, can someone help me out, maybe give me some videos or links so sites, it would help me out alot for finding the right one.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
That low speed 'thump' you hear is nothing more than intake contamination of the intake charge by the exhaust during the overlap. (The time the Intake and Exhaust valves are both open), Comp Cams makes Purple Plus cams and the new Thumper Cams that give the sound without the extra duration. You WILL lose some low speed torque with a big cam. This is not desired in a heavy street driven vehicle. I would choose a nice RV or Truck cam from Isky or Comp, Crane cams,,www.manciniracing.com has what you desire.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The lumpy idle and better gas mileage don't go together.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks
my idea is you dont NEED a big cam in a 360. keep the duration under 268 addvertised .430-.45 lift, or you will spend to much on gas. been there done that bought the tee shirt. just my experance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.