DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone else has had this problem with 02 4.7 ram? tester read a cmp sensor and i replaced with new one. then about 5 miles later the check engine light came back on and i'm getting the same code. the truck was then parked at autozone and the guy testing it shut it off and it wouldn't start back up. then i wiggled the wires on the connector and it still wouldn't start. i had to let it sit for about half a hour then it started perfect but still running rough. i'm about to replace the sensor again. don't know where else or what to look for.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Does it have an ASP after market Under drive pulley on it? I know I had the same issue back when ASP had a fault with their pulley... the have corrected it since but there are likely several pulleys out there that have not been modified with the fix.

The pulley actually caused the woodruff key to brake, since the crank sprocket that drives the CAM GEARS are driven off this woodruff key the timing started to give a sign that either the cam sensor or crank sensor was bad. BUT they where just fine, Since the woodruff key was about to completely brake it had bent enough to cause the timing to be slightly off... Engine still ran... but it was throwing codes.

It would be worth looking into. Its a big job as your entire front cover would need to be removed in order to examine the woodruff key on the crank shaft. If your LUCKY thats all it is and can be fixed with a new .30 cent woodruff key.

If its NOT the sensors, then your timing is OFF... and you need to find the route cause of the timing being off... I would start at the key.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.