DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
already have the nitrous, love it dearly. would she handle a cam too?

·
Banned
893 Posts
if im not mistaken, its not really cams that you have to consider, its really timing, 4* is a good rule of thumb, if you have diablo, you can just do it with your handheld

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont know what size, im saving money, and researching some. ive seen people using the 6.1 cam, what benefit comes from it, rather than just a regular replacement like the crane cams ones.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Get a cam with not much over lap and at least even duration and lift #s Or a cam with minimal over lap and a greater exhaust duration and lift..... ie a boost cam....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rarelly use the bottle, mostly only at the track, if i get a cam with longer exhaust duration will it effect the non spray performance, because that is what i am trying to improve. any suggestions would be appreciated. Also do you know of anyone running nitrous, id like to get in touch and see what they suggest.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
..tell us a little about your truck, rc or qc? 4.7 or 5.7? I read that you run low 14's, is that on the bottle?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
You're definately looking at a custom tune.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
there are tons of guys running nitrous on here. talk to the vendors here and find the cam that you like most of them can custom grind a cam for you that will do exactly what your wanting to do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a QC big heavy beast,5.7. with bottle mid to low 14's best so far is 14.3, no spray mid 15's(sad) Primarily i want a cam that will give me equal performance gains with and without the bottle, Like i said earlier I want to gain power with no spray, for everyday use, but also keep the engine intact when I use the bottle. Ive had some good suggestions so far, and thanks for that.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
well im currently running a spartan cam, and i have a zex nitrous kit sitting on the shelf in the gerage, i have just not intalled it yet. and honestly im not worried about running nitrous with a aftermarket cam. im more worried about running nitrous on the stock pistons. because the pistons tend to break without nitrous, so we will see though i guess i eather need to go big or go home. (btw what does your 60ft look like on the track) im running an NA motor and can easly pull low 14's and i should be at a slightly higher elevation as well. get it cammed and get a set of DR's and you should be able to see your 13 sec pass, allthough you should be there with just a good set of DR's

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
qc here also runnin 13.1's all motor...I did have dreams of sprayin but I wanted to see how fast we can move these brick walls...everyday driving is a kick tho...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
you've come to the right place to ask Tim...there are a few of us qc's runnin low 13's on motor alone...we can help steer you in the right direction...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
13.1 Nuts! good job.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ah no tail gate, thought about taking mine off, it would drop a lot of weight, but im afraid id lose some traction, same with the spare tire. next time i go to the track (this thursday) ill try that just for kicks.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I say run a decent set of lobes with at least 4 more degrees duration on the exhaust and then a little wider LSA to decrease overlap so you don't bleed too much of your NOS out the tail pipe. Something like 214/218 on a 114 LSA, Hey, thats a Spartan on a 114 LSA:)

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
my 113 LSA should be ok too right stu. see now im getting all paranoid about it. and before i was worried about pistons. (BTW im only going to run the 75 HP pills)

BTW timstoy listed to what chefred has to tell you. he has posted the fastest stock block QC time, out of anyone on this website. (and ill blow it out of the water the first chance i get) he has a good set up and has worked hard to get there. and will help you out. its just a matter of the right combo and a few $$$$ and you will be there too.

·
Kfed
1,401 Posts
Ive got a Crane 216 going in hopefuly in the next week or so. And im gonna spray the shit outta it. If it goes boom ow well then I got a reason to build a bigger motor lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.