DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally getting caught up with projects and wanted to see what yall recommend for a towing cam upgrade.
I wouldn't mind a little lope, but it needs to be stock converter friendly.
Right now I have plenty of power from idle to 2500, but it would be nice to have a little more up top.
Mods are in signature block.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Richard at HiPoTek recommended this cam
HPT210X4 on a 114 lsa: http://stores.hi-potek.com/-strse-256/HiPoTek-HPT-206X4-4x4/Detail.bok

I have about the same setup as your 97 Ram 1500 had, I didn't purchase the cam so have no knowledge on this cam other than his recommendation.
It's the same as a KRC 210 basically. You can look up KRC 210 cam on Youtube.

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to lookup what the stock springs are rated for and calculate the total lift with the 1.7 roller rockers...would suck to drop a valve or collapse a spring.

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
116 Posts
Emailed Richard and he recommended "...the HPT210X4 on a 110 lsa would be a good choice for your set-up.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/hipotek-hpt210x4-4x4-hydraulic-roller-camshaft-dodge-5-2-5-9-318-360-magnum/ "

I'm sure at 180K+ miles I'll need to knock new cam bearings in, replace the lifters, and check the springs & rods.
This will be a winter project for sure.
Sounds good keep us post on your progress.
My 01 1500 is a deer hunting toy so I couldn't justify the cam swap the wife wasn't buying it.

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good keep us post on your progress.
My 01 1500 is a deer hunting toy so I couldn't justify the cam swap the wife wasn't buying it.
yeah, i know about that part. out truck is a tow the boat / haul the landscaping stuff only vehicle.
At 10 mpg I can't afford to drive it every day anyway :grin

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
you will need a valve spring up grade. at least springs capable of .525 lift with all you have lifted. hughes 1110 seem to be the next modest step up.
do new lifters too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.