DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have the mopar performance cam and am awaiting install. I was talking with a few different people and they told me I had to upgrade the springs to beehive springs. Is that true? Also they said that I needed to look up a company called FAST about a programmer. Are they talking about a SC or HT programmer? Any info is greatly needed and I bring this up now because my truck is going in the shop for warranty exhaust valve replacement. Luckily my brother is the service manager and is willing to have his motor guy install the cam without me having to do it or pay for the install. Its only gonna cost me a case of budlite.

:rck:

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
i heard with the mopar 5.7 performace cam new springs are not needed. i would think they would be fine. let us know how you like that cam

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Yes I'm definitely interested in hearing more about this cam. You probably don't need to swap springs, but if you have the money and time to swap them, it wouldn't hurt.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
which cam is better the mopar performance or the 6.1l

·
Registered
70 Posts
Make sure that they degree the Mopar cam in at 121deg @ TDC. The camshaft is a direct replacement, and is suppose to work fine with the factory valvetrain. Did you get the new cam gear? I heard it was coming with a specific cam gear and we are not to reuse the old gear. Mopar Supercenter just did a test with the new cam on an LX using a complete Power Package. According to the specs on the Mopar cam, it is just shy of the 6.1 camshaft, not quite as aggressive. please post up your results, I am also looking at this camshaft and would like to see some results from a Ram truck owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.