·
University of Houston
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea i'm wondering on what Cam i should purchase

i have a 2004 Ram QC w/ Hemi
K&N intake
40 series flowmaster

what cam would work good for me i was thinking either the 6.1L cam or a 268 Comp Cam

what are yall inputs?

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
That’s a great question. I have the 6.1 but I have been thinking about selling it and getting the 268. I just don’t know what the differences are. So someone help us out!!!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
268 has more duration and the lift is comparable. More torque on the 268, way more. This is the best for your truck due to the weight issues. The 6.1 cam has been said to have NO torque increase but a 25 horse RW gain. If you are going to do it, do it right. Get a 268 and get a arc 1. Hemi450 is on top of this. You may want to ask him, but you will definetly need a arc 1 with the 268. This will really wake up your Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
University of Houston
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i'm a newb but what do u mean when u say arc 1 i tried to find it i need a little help w/ that thx

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
arc-1 is a piggy back tuning device that alters the signal your computer receives....via MAP, etc. you can adjust a/F ratio across the power band for idel/low load conditions, and adjust A/F for WOT. helps with a bigger cam to avoid codes, and allow you to richen up or lean out.

·
University of Houston
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o i got ya how much do they run as in price?

thx for the info

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
I don’t mind getting a piggy back to do things right. But is the 268 good with nitrous? Im a big fan of it and don’t plan on stopping any time soon.

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
Ok I did a little research on the ARC1 to use with a comp 268 cam swap on the web site and this is what I found.

"The ARC1 allows you to change your injectors, convert to a larger air flow sensor, change to a different MAP sensor, convert from a Karman vortex sensor to a hot wire sensor, or install components on your engine to improve performance except a camshaft. The ARC2 will do the same as the ARC1 and more.The ARC2 will allow you to modify your engine a little more aggressively including camshaft changes, larger valves, ported cylinder head, and more."

So that means we can’t use the ARC1 right? Well the ARC2 is not $210 to $216… its $499 to $550. Am I wrong or did the price of this piggyback more then double for a cam swap?

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
the ARC-1 has been used with the comp 268, krc 218 and krc 220 successfully. tons of good reading on DTW.......it will definitely work with the 268 cam. now the idle vacuum issue and fuel metering can be further refined using psc01 or smt-6 etc for even more ferined tuning....but I am not one to use a laptop on my truck...the arc-1 SHOULD get you there....contact uniball on DTW, he had his working

·
Registered
231 Posts
So will it idle with the ARC-1 or will it just make it run better with the cam? I'm interested now. I wanted the 268 to begin with but talked myself out of it because I could run the 260 without a piggyback. If the piggyback is only $210 I could handle that but $500 is not worth it to me. How much does the SMT-6 cost and who sells it? :help:

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
cool skaarew. thanks for the info. like rock1 said, $210 is fine with me. but $500 is a little much. i am going to have to get with uniball and get more info on this. i am ready for this cam NOW!!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
So the 260 will work fine with no programming, just needs to be learned by the computer?

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
the 260 and krc 210 work great WITH superchips.....not sure how it wil lwork with no programming, probably fine, but superchips and 260 or 210 = big smile...i just want a BIGGER smile with the 268

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
navy44 said:
cool skaarew. thanks for the info. like rock1 said, $210 is fine with me. but $500 is a little much. i am going to have to get with uniball and get more info on this. i am ready for this cam NOW!!
i hear you and you're welcome. i know as soon as the cam shows up in the mailbox i will be doing backflips...but time time time...need time to get it in! and i got a little prep work to do 1st

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
ok guys i order the 210 cam today should be here sometime and i will let everyone know how it does with my combo where i feal the best pull at and 1/4 times when i get a chance.
best et to date is [email protected] degrees
4wd rcsb
lt headers no cats
borla exhasut
cutout(was not used in this 1/4 run)
20's(i have 17s now)
superchips 87 tune
Custom ram air CAI for my 6 pack hood
i think thats it
3.92 gears

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Ramkid12 said:
ok guys i order the 210 cam today should be here sometime and i will let everyone know how it does with my combo where i feal the best pull at and 1/4 times when i get a chance.
best et to date is [email protected] degrees
4wd rcsb
lt headers no cats
borla exhasut
cutout(was not used in this 1/4 run)
20's(i have 17s now)
superchips 87 tune
Custom ram air CAI for my 6 pack hood
i think thats it
3.92 gears
Was that at a track or daq? Was that time with all mods except cutout?

·
4,362 Posts
track.
no i had the 20's then with stock 17's on the back bad spin.eveything else was street trim i even think my spare tire was on?!?!

·
4,362 Posts
haha yeah some ******* farm boy was!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.