DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the krc 270 cam (non mds) is compatable with the manely package. ie.. (springs, p-rods and retainers..) thanks inadvance..

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Krc 270?

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
210 typo sorry

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I think the Manley package is a recommended valve train upgrade for any cam swap.

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i thought. im trying to keep all the geomitry correct.. so for every day driver plus towing the krc 210 cam and the manely package is the way to go then.. anyone what to chime in?

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was told that cam required a arc-1 piggy back. the krc 210 is improvment from that comp. what do you guys think??

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
The 260 and 210 are practically the same, and I don't think either of them requires the ARC-1, but I bet you would get the most from the cam using it.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
268 or bust!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where do you get these ARC-1 units?

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you go with arc-1 do i loose my superchip software?

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
nope, you get to keep it. i am doing 210 its better for day to day driving and more tq than the 218 krc cam from 1800-3500.(my truck is my daily driver and the MPG won't suffer from just the 210 anything bigger will because the need for more fuel air mix) i will let you all know how its goes i just need to install a buddies converter first.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I agree...I dont think the KRC 210 or the Comp 260 are agreesive enough to justify the increased cost of just doing a 6.1 cam swap. I would either go 6.1 for about $150, or go with the 268 or bigger with the Arc-1 for about $550.
You're should also get a wideband O2 sensor to monitor the air/fuel mixture when you step up to the 268. I don't see how you can adjust the ARC-1 without knowing if you're lean or rich. That will add another $350-400.....

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Also some sort of upgrade springs with a cam swap....

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Would i be happy with a 105 dollar 6.1 cam? Or would i just get pissed at the performance and wish i spent 300 more for a better cam and tune it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.