DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Now Hemiplus
Joined
·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed the Vortex muffler, the over-axle pipes, and the exhaust tips. I also reinstalled my Belltech rear sway bar. I didn't like the way it fit so I had a machinist at work make me a custom bracket for the passenger side bar mount. I had that powder coated black and it worked out pretty close to as I had hoped.
All that work was just fine tuning what was already on the truck. The big story is the Caltracs. I smashed my pinky finger on the install and I let the almighty one know I wasn't happy about that (we had a five minute one way conversation). I still have to set or adjust the bars but I need about two hundred pounds to come visit before I do that.
I took some pictures. I even brought the billet out so I could take cool pictures. Normally the fuglies are on for the winter. Let me know what you think or if I installed anything wrong.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
Man that looks F'***ing sweet!!
 

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
wow that truck is awesome! now all you need a cam! and a set of heads to make it go as fast as it looks!

ya know i have never been to nebraska before..;) hint hint!
 

·
SAILORwithaHEMI
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
360Plus said:
It's Winter! What do you expect?
ha... well the fact that your truck is that spotless in the winter in NE is impressive... my roommate needs to get his damn cadillac out of the garage so i can park my truck indoors... good thing i have like 12 coats of wax on it...
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
Everything looks awesome and installed correctly and very RED!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
12.40 @ 105.92
Joined
·
3,810 Posts
lookin great bro, as always for your truck.
 

·
Now Hemiplus
Joined
·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
400rwhphemi said:
wow that truck is awesome! now all you need a cam! and a set of heads to make it go as fast as it looks!

ya know i have never been to nebraska before..;) hint hint!

I'll tell you what, I still have 4.56 gears left to do, after that it's all about the horse power. If we can work everything out, I'll fly you down to help me with a heads and cam install. I'm still waiting for the tuners to come out before I do that. I refuse to use a piggyback, and hopes are high for the custom programmers.


Thanks for all the kind words guys. You guys are what keeps the drive alive.
 

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
360Plus said:
I'll tell you what, I still have 4.56 gears left to do, after that it's all about the horse power. If we can work everything out, I'll fly you down to help me with a heads and cam install. I'm still waiting for the tuners to come out before I do that. I refuse to use a piggyback, and hopes are high for the custom programmers.


Thanks for all the kind words guys. You guys are what keeps the drive alive.
yes sir let me know for sure! i am flying out to vegas in febuary so flying is no big deal..

how does the exhaust sound?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,005 Posts
Looks awesome Bro. Wow.

KB
 

·
Now Hemiplus
Joined
·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
400rwhphemi said:
how does the exhaust sound?
The Cherry Bomb Vortex sounds good. I'm still experimenting but after three different mufflers I've found that the rest of the exhaust has just as much to do with the sound as the mufflers do (or at least that is my new theory). The three different mufflers I've tried have not been dramatically different in sound outside the truck. I can tell you there is a difference, just not as much as I expected. The inside of the cab is where the big change has been so far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
How do you like the rear sway bar?? I though these things handled pretty good with one. I'm curious.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Hey how much was your drop, Price wise? I also have a 4x4 and want to drop it. Thanks
 

·
Now Hemiplus
Joined
·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ramhemi03 said:
How do you like the rear sway bar?? I though these things handled pretty good with one. I'm curious.....
The rear sway bar helped stop the rear end from kicking out when hitting bumps at speed.

Diego1984 said:
Hey how much was your drop, Price wise? I also have a 4x4 and want to drop it. Thanks
Somewhere near $500-$600. Contact Slammed One, he's the guy that can answer any question you may have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
360Plus said:
The rear sway bar helped stop the rear end from kicking out when hitting bumps at speed.



After I dropped my truck and pulled my overload springs that didn't happen to my truck......
 

·
Now Hemiplus
Joined
·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ramhemi03 said:
After I dropped my truck and pulled my overload springs that didn't happen to my truck......
That's a good point. I did a lot of changing all at the same time. Although I did remove the overload spring well before I did the drop. I think I still had that kick with the overload removed before I did the drop. I did the drop and the swaybar at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,114 Posts
360 you have motivated me to get what I wanted. I was wanting Moes traction bars (chrome) but after seeing your post I talked to Bob and he said he could get the caltracs bare from the supplier and powdercoat them for me. So now I still get the chrome powdercoat but on the caltracs. Best of both worlds. Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top