DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just thought I would give this one a shot. I just put 22's on my wifes 04 tahoe and now she wants pink caliper paint. As usefull as this site is for me thought someone might be able to hook me up or mabey knows somewhere I can get it. Can't find it online.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Get some pink Rustoleum Oil Based paint. Apply it with some cheap foam brushes. I did the Rustoleum Sunrise Red Oil based well over a year ago and mine is still fine.

KB

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Or if you can find a pink colored engine paint. I did mine with Dupli-Color engine, in red almost two years ago. Still look good.

·
Registered
513 Posts
does the stock car-jack that comes with my truck actually lift it enough?? cause we did my friend's calipers on his civic (and drums) and they looked really good, but he didnt want to sand the rust off, so i know his wont last tooo long

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
MIDGEThemi said:
does the stock car-jack that comes with my truck actually lift it enough?? ........
Well yeah. :huh: It will lift enough to take a tire off, that's why it's there.
Seriously though. Yes, you can use the stock jack. I don't recommend it though. Those things are dangerous. If that's the only jack you have, at least put the truck on jack stands before you go taking the wheels off. The stock jack is only meant to be used in emergencies (flat tire while driving somewhere, etc).

As for color. I also used Rustoleum. I have Sunrise red on my Mustang, and Gloss Sail Blue on my Ram. I'm not a drag racer.... more of a road course kind of guy. So when I'm carving up the corners in the Ford, I'm sure the brakes age getting plenty hot. I've only had it done since spring (or maybe even summer), but even with the heat I'm generating, I've had no problems with it effecting the paint. So I'm sure a daily driver truck, will have no problems with it lasting a long time. Besides, if it starts to look bad, you can always repaint them. I used so little of my paint that, you can hardly tell I used any out of the can at all (and I did my wife's Grand Am too).
If you want to go the expensive route. You can have them anodized (assuming they are aluminum). Take them off the truck, sand blast them, then have them anodized red. If you sand blast it before anodizing, the red turns out pink. But for the price, and labor involved, I'd find some pink paint. Summit Racing has some pink engine paint (I saw it in the showroom), for something like $20. If you can't find Rustoleum you may want to check there.

Anyway, here's a few pics. It's a good excuse to show them off. Click to make them big.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I need to correct myself. :) I did my calipers in July of 04. Still look awesome too, paint is still glossy. All I ever do is spray some window cleaner on a rag and wipe them clean when I rotate.

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Alright, I hate searching for something and not finding it. So I found 2 options for you. VHT makes pink engine spray paint. This should hold up without any real problems.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ncoding=UTF8&s=automotive&v=glance&n=15684181

Also, there is an Ebay seller from the UK that sells a pink caliper paint kit. Comes in a tin with a paint brush and gloves and sandpaper. You make the call.
Item#160050272818
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...loc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

KB

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
KB112 said:
........VHT makes pink engine spray paint. This should hold up without any real problems...............
That's the stuff I saw a Summit!!!!! Good find KB112. I guess my $20 guess was a bit high. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.