DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Banned
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt expect it to be so much just to paint a few things on my truck! First I called to see how much a pre primed srt bumper would cost to paint PS2 (silver) and it was $450, $375 and $365... That was just for one bumper! I want to get a bumper, hood, roll pan, windshield cowel, mirrors and handles painted also and was expecting to pay like $600 for everything... Anyone know of a better solution or just fork out like $1500+ to paint little things?

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
You live in CA as well as i do and you didnt see this coming? Dude when houses go above 500,000 for a less that 2,000 sq ft house, dont expect to pay less on some paint. We get payed more and we have higher prices. Save up or something. Or just do the Californian thing, buy it and pay for it later!!!! :D

· Registered
853 Posts
That price is because of all the environmental fees and the special non-polluting paint they have to use and the AQMD permits and all that other crap...actual caost of the paint would be $200

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
yee haw...Sam's Back.... I know...you would almost be better off gettin it all together an paintin it all at once...

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
SCREW TEXAS!!!! id rather live in a state where i have to pay three times as much for things i can get cheaper somewhere else.

It is better to get it all done at once so you dont have to pay to get the paint in each time you want to paint something. Im doing that with the PT, getting all the body stuff then sending it to paint because its a special color and they have to mix it just right.

· Registered
54 Posts
Damn California and all of our debt and high taxes and all kinds of ridiculous prices... but I still wouldnt want to live anywhere but here.

If you are ever in the Los Angeles area, I know a friend of mine has a good buddy who is a painter. My friend got his mirrors, tonneau and roll pan painted for about 400 I think he said. It was a Chevy :tdwn: but I'm sure the guy would be willing to work with a similar price for a friend of a friend. I plan on getting some of my stuff painted there pretty soon and will get some quality pics up sooner or later.

Hey Sam, can you hit me up about the California member badge in your info? I think its time for me to actually get a signature going :rck:

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Yeah, shops charge a Grip O Cash for painting anything Bro. I got a friend of my uncle's who does some good body work. When I get the spare cash I will definitely be hitting that guy up.

KB

· Banned
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a friend with a all mopar restoration and blowing shop... man its sick, they have a clean room for painting, but im not sure how good they are at painting, they can build a hell of a car but i dont want to have an off color hood... He can cut me some sweet deals. Man, i need some money... I need to finish high school and get some college so i can fully dedicate all my money into my truck! ok, enough rambling, time to get some friends or something...

· Registered
9,272 Posts
why dont you buy the paint, and air compressor and a paint kit and do it yourself. start with the small things. painting is that hard, its the prep work. just make a clean room out of tarps or use a shed and line it with plastic and have an exhaust fan.

· kstompaint
334 Posts
Viper24... I'm a painter (in PA, not CA), and most of the cost is labor. It's time consuming to do it the right way. Also, cheaper paints such as OMNI dont usually match and what I use (PPG DBC) matches way better and costs 3 times as much. You get what you pay for in materials and labor.

Like the sign in my shop says... "Good kustom paint isn't cheap, and cheap kustom paint isn't good."

$1500 doesn't sound totally outragous to paint all of those parts if it's perfect. Just wait until you have the money and get a reputable shop.

· The Legendary Cross Ram
3,730 Posts
Why are you pulling the tank?

· The Legendary Cross Ram
3,730 Posts
Subwoofers huh? ;)

Man I feel like a forty year old or something, 'cause I don't see any need for subwoofers in a truck. :D

· Registered
9,272 Posts
id rather have subs or empty space behind my seat then a whole gas tank!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.