DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The State of California is suing six automakers-GM, Ford, Toyota, Chrysler, Honda and Nissan-for damages linked to the emissions from their vehicles. The lawsuit, Reuters reports, charges that the emissions from those vehicles is leading to global warming and is causing the state millions of dollars in damages and is harming its natural resources. The state is also trying to cut the amount of emissions allowed in vehicles sold in the state by 25 percent, but the government is countersuing there, claiming that the state's efforts are merely a way to dictate fuel-economy laws, which are set by the federal government.

·
Registered
994 Posts
they should sue themselves for not building a reliable mass-transit system. LA is the west coast's largest city with nearly 25 million people and it does not have a subway or rail system. they can go eat a ____.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
LOL,
friggin shakies!!
I personally love all 6 stop selling and servicing anythig in cali

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
ppp1182 said:
they should sue themselves for not building a reliable mass-transit system. LA is the west coast's largest city with nearly 25 million people and it does not have a subway or rail system. they can go eat a ____.
Precisely. Tree-hugging hippies... They all probably drive a car from one of the manufacturers they are suing.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
So basicly they are suing every automobile maker.Sounds pretty pathetic.Maybe I will sue the state of california for charging me tax on my twizzlers and for the lack of hill which doesn't block the sun light from going into my window in the morning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No offense, but california (the entire damn state) is retarded. I mean seriously, maybee they would be happy if we all just went back to the donkey and carrot.

Oh wait a second, isn't LA one of the most automotively congested cities in the world with a ton of air pollution ? ... brings to mind a famous line, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

These are the same type of people that think its Mcdonalds fault they are fat. ***** rediculous

·
Registered
54 Posts
The way I see it, how can they sue the auto maker for that? I mean why not sue the Californian people, aka themselves, for driving? All the auto makers do is make a product. It's not there fault the California people refuse to car pool, :thatfunny I wonder how the jury selection would go..... Question 1. Did you drive today? Question 2. Have you ever been in an automobile? If you answered yes to either of the above, you may go home.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
trikertwo said:
The way I see it, how can they sue the auto maker for that? I mean why not sue the Californian people, aka themselves, for driving? All the auto makers do is make a product. It's not there fault the California people refuse to car pool, :thatfunny I wonder how the jury selection would go..... Question 1. Did you drive today? Question 2. Have you ever been in an automobile? If you answered yes to either of the above, you may go home.
LOL If only jury selection was that simple the last time I was picked for jury duty... :WHT:

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah from what I hear california is super nazi state. i wouldnt really know since ive lived here all my life and have nothing to compare it too. thinking about going to one of the more red states like texas in a few years.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I'd take Texas over Cali,, ANYDAY!!

But I'll take Colrado over all

·
Registered
270 Posts
I love Cali, the weather is fantastic, the scenery is great, it's where i was born and raised, it's home. Period. I might even go back to live there again someday. But this is one of the reasons we moved from Cali, and it's nice to get a breather from the self-important eco-freaks in that state. I in fact deliberately drove a '68 Mustang (a non-emission-controlled car) there just to avoid the smog nazi hassles, and developed a love for classic cars that I don't believe will ever wane. If I move back, that's all I'd drive, no way I'm dealing with the whole smog hassle there. Not to mention Cali's still the Kar Kulture Kapital of the US (World?), which makes it much easier to get along with a classic vehicle.

Then again, in Cali's defense, I find the Texas safety inspection is really more frustrating than the whole smog check deal is in Cali - it's actually reasonably easy to find some loopholes there to exploit and not impossible at all to build some smog-legal track stompers. I love Texas but if I had to choose one thing to fix here, the safety inspection would be very high on my list.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
HillBillyRomeo said:
Morons......we should just give Cal to Mexico.
LOL, the mexicans are already taking over

·
Registered
591 Posts
Defense attorney for the automakers: To the prosecutor; "Sir/Madam, how did you get to the courthouse today?

Prosecutor: "I drove in my <insert some automaker> SUV."

Defense: "Your honor, we move to have this suit dismissed....."

I don't think the U.S. flag would look to bad with only 49 stars again....

Hey California.... STFU!!!!

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
If Cali tells the auto manufactures to make a car/truck that meets a certain emission standard and they do, how is the auto industry to blame?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the idea of auto manufacturers refusing to sell anymore vehicles in California. Too bad they depend on that market so much. Not to mention punishing dealers for the backward thinking of the greenies.

As it is, manufacturers can't sell all their models in California (or states like mine, Massachusetts, that adopted California's emission standards). I have no problem with pratical approaches to reducing pollution and, let's face it, auto manufacturers have had to be dragged there kicking and screaming. But, they don't call California the land of fruits and nuts for nothing! If they make doing business in California too difficult, the choices for consumers there will become very limited. Prius or Civic hybrid, your only choices. Anything else would end up in a product liability suit.....like they forced someone to buy an Expedition or a Hummer?

Here we have morons like Teddy Kennedy and John Kerry representing us in Washington that run around appeasing environmentalists with their BS only to turn around and blow $15 billion to recontstruct 6 miles of roadway here in Boston to LET MORE CARS INTO THE CITY rather than spending it on mass transit. Plus Teddy Kennedy gets to name the greenway it created after his mother. Kerry and Kennedy are a couple of real hypocrites. They both drive big SUVs too and oppose a wind farm that will generate 70% of the electricity for Cape Cod pollution free. Yeah, sure they're "green". Green my a**. The reason Teddy is against the wind farm is he has trouble enough navigating his boat when intoxicated NOW. Having wind farm turbine pylons sticking out of the ocean only makes it that much more likely he's going to hit one and embarass himself (again). As for Kerry, he's worried about the view from his summer home, forget the benefit of non-polluting low-cost electricity in a part of the country that depends mostly on expesive oil and coal-fired generation now.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
They are all gurly men.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.