DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered headers for my truck, and i was thinking about a CAI. Currently i am using a K&N drop in filter, and i am happy with it. After reading many posts about CAI's, i have found many people like the $50 ebay ones. I was thinking of ordering me a ebay CAI since i am a little low on cash, but then i started thinking. The purpose of a CAI is to take in cold air, with less restriction. I can understand the less restriction part, but how is the air any colder than the factory setup. At least with the factory setup, you are taking it from the fender, were it comes in from the grill, and thats cold air. Aftermarket setups take the air from the engine compartment, and thats just warm air. My engine compartment gets pretty warn once the motor is warmed up, and with headers, it will just get much warmer, so how is a CAI going to help? isnt it just going to suck in more warm air? isnt the factory setup better with headers? i didn't really realise this until someone mentioned it to me. They said on there ram they put back the factory setup, because the headers created a lot of heat(which headers do), and the intake was just sucking hot air in. I dont have a problem with the current setup, i think it may work better with headers, but i wouldn't mind getting a CAI if its a benefit. What are your opinions? :IDEA:

·
An Army of One
1,227 Posts
I agree 100%, i use a K&N drop in and love it.
I would think we would get the coldest air throught the fender
and all.
I want to find one of those new one's I got a email about.
They are a foam type, but flows much better, and protects better too!
Can't remember the name

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
volant makes a kit that pulls in air from the fender, it's a really nice kit but it's like 299.00 i have it on mine and love it

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.