DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to share what I did for a CAI. I purchased one of these intakes from a former Durango owner, but it is listed on Ebay below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...hZitem230043119711QQihZ013QQitemZ230043119711

I then modified the stock air box so that the cone filter fits inside. You have to remove the "air vent" that brings outside air into the box. I then had to shave a little plastic off the inside of the air box cover--you will see what I am talking about once you open up the air box. The CAI tubing just slides into the stock airbox cover.

It sounds awesome at WOT and moderate acceleration, but very little noise while cruising. Probably doesn't do much for performance, but it was worth the ~$30 to have a little rumble. In addition to the CAI, I did the "resonator chop"---The Hemi now sounds like it should IMHO. :rck: Oh, and the wife thinks it sounds good too!!!

Sorry about the dirty engine compartment...wow pictures don't hide dirt!!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
11 Posts
thnaks,

any chance you have any pictures of your setup with the top off, front view, etc. also, what did you do with that hose that was across the top of the intake box?..............while you're at it, what the heck is it?....lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blacklabel said:
thnaks,

any chance you have any pictures of your setup with the top off, front view, etc. also, what did you do with that hose that was across the top of the intake box?..............while you're at it, what the heck is it?....lol
I will try to post pics in the next couple of days with the top off. The intake I bought comes with a blue hose that, you should be able to see it in the picture. It will replace the stock one and connects further up the intake closer to the Throttle body. I am assuming it is a crankcase vent hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.