Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am about to get a cold air intake for my 05 hemi, but am not sure which to buy.

I am leaning more towards the mopar unit becasue I can get if for $225 new, which I think is a pretty good deal. It is also made by mopar which is dodges offical parts seller, so I know the factory can install it. It is also nice looking

The only other brand I know of is air ram, which is in the same price range. Is the metal tube around the airram like foil or something, it looks like it in the pictures?

I was wondering what others recommend? Also if I get the mopar intake vrs the airram, can I still use the airrame jetstream with the mopar?

What other brands are there? And no, I am don't want to make my own one, I will screw it up:)

Thank you,
Kyle

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Air-ram jetstream and powerwire will work with all vehicles and CAI's. The Air-ram is one of the nicest CAI's. I have one of the cheapest (from ebay) but still like it. Installing a CAI is not very hard so I wouldn't be worried about who is installing it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The MOPAR CAI is made by AEM. Very seldom does MOPAR actually make their own performance/aftermarket goodies. For example, their dual exaust is Borla and their hard tonneau is made by Leer. Just FYI. The $225 is decent.

I recently installed a Volant CAI kit and LOVE IT! You can pick one up from www.southernhotrod.com for $284 shipped.

I picked the Volant becaue it uses an air box design to protect the filter plus you keep the factory resonator( ie; HEMI Hat )which keeps noise levels down. Despite a lot of guys telling me that keeping the resonator will mean the CAI will bite it has really given the truck a boost. Replaced the low end my 2.5" dual exit exhuast took away and man this sucker really gets up and goes when you romp it.

The best part is NO annoying vacuum cleaner sucking noise like you get with most CAI's. Also, the entire Volant CAI kit is plastic which won't retain heat the way a CAI kit with a metail air tube will. That defeats the entire purpose really.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am having a hard time deciding which one to by myself. I am either going to get the Air Ram CAI with Jet Stream Scoop or the CAI from Pro-Zen Motorsports.

Air Ram

Pro-Zen Motorsports

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Daniel Hice said:
I am having a hard time deciding which one to by myself. I am either going to get the Air Ram CAI with Jet Stream Scoop or the CAI from Pro-Zen Motorsports.

Air Ram

Pro-Zen Motorsports

With the SRT-10 hood, you might get some advantages out of the Pro-zen. Although in most cases, air over the engine will be hotter, which is where that intake is located.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ya that is why I haven't decided yet. I love the look of it but unfortunately there is more to it than looks. I somehow think Nick will be getting more of my money since the Air Ram system looks proven and there are many guys in here to vouch for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
where can you find that intake for so cheap, it is on ebay for over 300$

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,

The mopar from that price is a guy that contacted me on ebay after I bidded for a mopar and lost. He said he bought it for his truck, but then crashed it.

What is AEM's website? Can anyone compare the preformance of the Mopar one to that of an Air Ram or other intakes?

Also, does anyone make a forced air intake? My negibor has a hemi, and said he heard something about forced air but I dont think he is talking about a supercharger?

Thank you,
Kyle Leissner

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
KyleLC23 said:
Hello,

The mopar from that price is a guy that contacted me on ebay after I bidded for a mopar and lost. He said he bought it for his truck, but then crashed it.

What is AEM's website? Can anyone compare the preformance of the Mopar one to that of an Air Ram or other intakes?

Also, does anyone make a forced air intake? My negibor has a hemi, and said he heard something about forced air but I dont think he is talking about a supercharger?

Thank you,
Kyle Leissner
There are ram-air hoons but you get no real benefit from it on these vehicles. There are the supercharger or turbochargers options as well.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Go with the Home Depot Induction package / power wire / jetstream dustpan.

You won't regret it.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Mad Titan said:
Go with the Home Depot Induction package / power wire / jetstream dustpan.

You won't regret it.
I enjoy my $25 ebay induction package / power wire / jetstream muchly

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For only $25 dollars? That is a steal.

How much MPG are you guys getting with a CAI, and how much were you getting before?

Thank you,
Kyle

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
AIR RAM makes some good products!
I've got the power wire and the dustpan - they fit my budget.
I made a "better than stock" induction package for about $35 - but the AIR RAM is a much better system than mine.
Some day I may be able to fit it into my budget.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Airram

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
PremierTruck said:
If cheap is what you want, then volant may not be the way to go . . .
[/url]
NO KIDDING!! $310 ON SALE?! :huh:

My wife would kill me if she ever found out I spent that much money on truck parts . . .

I R CHEEP!!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I got 3 AIRRAM products for way under $300. I wouldn't have gone any other way!!!

www.airram.com GO AIRRAM!!!!

And oh ya, Nick is kinda cool too.....How are the Bush Brothers doing?????

·
Registered
409 Posts
Coming from a home depot induction guy, that's the answer I was looking for.

Like I said, if you want cheap, then go make one yourself, but if you want a quality cold air kit, then the Volant system is the way to go.

I also offer special pricing to DT members.

Thanks,

·
Registered
473 Posts
We sell them all day long for $284 shipped!

Here is a special deal for DodgeTalk.com members.....

$275 Shipped in the 48 Continental United States.

1 catch.... we are out of them :)

1-2 weeks before they are released. We buy direct from Volant, so when Volant releases them we will get them right away!

Thank you!

-Edwin

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good price hotrod, I am proud of you.

I am Direct with Volant as well and I know what you mean that they are out of stock.

It seems like they are always out of stock.

Hopefully they will get there stuff together and bump up there production.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.