DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
They dont make one that I know of but I took a generic c.a.i. from a 92-95 Honda Civic and cut the long end of it to make it fit nicely in the the spot where the the stock box was. Then you have to buy a new coupler for where the intake tube meets the throttle body I think you need like a 3" to a 3.5" and all you have to do is drill a hole in the new coupler and mount the mass air flow sensor in there tighten it all up and your done. I havent had any problems with it yet. And I have noticed a bit more throttle response and a nice throaty sound when you hit the gas. Ill post pics if I get the chance.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just remeber 2001 and newer 3.x's have the TB on the opposite side. Any 1990-2000 3.3 intakes wont work on a 2001 and newer.

That being said, buying a CAIs are always dramatically bad rip off, just take some measurements and get some mendral bent exhaust pipe- make your own intake. I can't believe some of the prices some people pay for "CAI kits"

All kinds of places sell cone airfilters, get one of a size that works, throw it on the end of your intake... you'll have to bring over the crankcase vent tube/hose as already indicated and since yours is a 06 you need to mount the air temp/charge sensor inside your custom intake.

Note not legal in most emission controled states, such as california.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.