DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just installed a AEM CAI in my 04 Rumble and at first it was awsome made the truck sound bad ass! Then after it warmed up and i took my foot out of it i noticed an exhaust leak type sound every now and then. I know that i've read everyone talk about it but how do you get rid of it!!!! :help: :help: :help:

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
You don't until the hemi hat is put back on

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
rumble11 said:
So i just installed a AEM CAI in my 04 Rumble and at first it was awsome made the truck sound bad ass! Then after it warmed up and i took my foot out of it i noticed an exhaust leak type sound every now and then. I know that i've read everyone talk about it but how do you get rid of it!!!! :help: :help: :help:
It's the EGR. Very common. You'll get use to it. ;)

Sil

·
Registered
176 Posts
After I installed the Hemiverter, It's almost gone on my truck. You usualy only notice it in the lower RPM's with a slight load. I rarely see those conditions anymore.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
how do u like your AEM any power increase and where di you purchase it from?

·
Registered
155 Posts
is the sound like an A/C hose leak?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
No, sounds like an exhaust leak. It is the egr dumping into the intake, no problem, just very annoying

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Check all your hose connections.
Make sure all your plumbing clamps are tight and have a proper seal. That would include your IAT sensor.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Yeah, unless you have "the hemi hat" (intake resonator/muffler) you'll have the noise.

DC does put some parts under the hood for a reason.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
AEM is one of the CAI's that is infamous for magnifying the EGR noise. No cure sorry.

·
Detroit_Muscle
194 Posts
My K&N doesn't make the noise at all anymore. Not one bit, its all rumble. I think maybe because the filter has got dirty and not so open and free flowing. The box claims some dirt is good for the filter, better filtration i guess? Maybe??????

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
04 sit'n 24's said:
My K&N doesn't make the noise at all anymore. Not one bit, its all rumble. I think maybe because the filter has got dirty and not so open and free flowing. The box claims some dirt is good for the filter, better filtration i guess? Maybe??????
That's the K&N way. The filter is pretty wide open out of the box and allows a lot through.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I get a noise that sounds like an A/C leak. I am told that it is normal. I get no check engine lights or codes, so must be A-OK. But, sometimes my dash beeps at me. Kinda random, I'll be driving, and it'll just say........."beep"...........and that's it. wierd.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
kidafius said:
I get a noise that sounds like an A/C leak. I am told that it is normal. I get no check engine lights or codes, so must be A-OK. But, sometimes my dash beeps at me. Kinda random, I'll be driving, and it'll just say........."beep"...........and that's it. wierd.
Does your seatbelt talk to you too?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Remember the old chrysler new yorkers? DOOR AJAR DOOR AJAR DOOR AJAR It made me want to :banghead:

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
I love my AEM, it sounds like a little offbeat turbo... when the rpms drop it whistles at me... before i ran straightpipes it made a nice low rumble because it was metal, but now my exhaust is too loud to notice anything...

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I have noticed since I installed my four inch setup that it does not appear to make noise. My afe intake was so bad with noise from the egr that i gave it away

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.