DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed the CAI today, the eBay AEM Knockoff (also mopar knockoff). Everything went great and the sound is AWESOME! It's like I put on an exhaust! I had no idea... But when all was said and done, I was left with an O-Ring. Would that be a gasket for the TB Spacer? I saved it just in case... And that's the only thing I thought it could be... Here is a pic of Freddie's (CheFred112), the same as mine...

Thanks
Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah, the large o-ring is for the throttle body spacer that comes with the kit. There is alittle groove that it fits in.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably install it tomorrow then, but is it ok to be running the truck without it? I'm sure it is, and what are the side effects of not running the ring?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey how do you install the TB spacer? I couldnt figure that out... Also I have a smaller O-ring that didnt get used.... not sure where it goes...

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
The throttle body spacers are known to basically show no gains and are somewhat useless. So if you forgot to put it on then your not missing much. Congrats on the intake.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The same o-ring(1-2") goes onto the heatshield by the radiator. I'm not sure what it does there, but it fit so thats where it went :D

As far as the TB spacer, its easy.

First disconnect the battery(-) and remove the intake tube. Then unplug the connector on the throttlebody. Remove the 4 10mm bolts that hold the TB too the intake manifold and pull the TB off.

Put the large o-ring into the groove in the TB spacer, I used alittle ky jelly to hold the o-ring in place while reinstalling everything. Put the new longer bolts that came with the intake kit somewhere easy too reach and then fit the TB and spacer together. There are little pins that help align everything. Put the TB & spacer onto the intake manifold and start putting the new bolts in.

Start them all by hand and then tighten them in a criss-cross pattern til they are "snug" They don't need to be super tight. Reinstall the intake tube and reconnect the TB electrical connecter and then the battery. Kick back and enjoy your work cause your done!

Its an easy install. If you got the rest of the intake installed you'll have no trouble with this :cool:

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maka said:
The throttle body spacers are known to basically show no gains and are somewhat useless. So if you forgot to put it on then your not missing much. Congrats on the intake.
I already installed the tb spacer, just not the 0 ring that comes with it...

Jason

·
Registered
985 Posts
maka said:
he installed it already, and if he didnt, he'd have fitment issues with that intake.

Sport,

After you pull of the tb spacer, take a little vasoline and run it in the grove before you put in the o-ring. It's going to help keep it in place, othewise you'll probably run into problems with it falling out; at least i did.

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Sweet dude. I signed up for ebay today... and when right when I was going to hit the BUY IT NOW, it said.. THis bid has been closed! .. someone bought before i had the chance to get it!!!! that pissed me off.. Cann yall take more pic? Also.. How do i clean the filter in the future?

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
what if i misplaced my stock o-ring a while back... can you not put on the tb spacer

·
Registered
985 Posts
i dont see why not. The only problem i can see is the pcm adjusting for a leak. But i really dont think the leak, if there is one, would be significant enough to make any difference. I dont know for sure, though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I fit the intake ok w/o the tb spacer. The only fit problem I ran into was the Rubber padded bolt that holds the intake to the truck is a bit over extended and doesn't fit perfecty but other than that its pretty good. Also, what about the bolt there next to the window cleaner res.? I cant get anything down in there to bolt that screw in tight... anyone have any tips?

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DentonHEMI06 said:
I fit the intake ok w/o the tb spacer. The only fit problem I ran into was the Rubber padded bolt that holds the intake to the truck is a bit over extended and doesn't fit perfecty but other than that its pretty good. Also, what about the bolt there next to the window cleaner res.? I cant get anything down in there to bolt that screw in tight... anyone have any tips?
Yes, there are two bolts that hold down the reservoir on the top, take those off, take the radiator overflow hose loose, pull back the whole reservoir. Now you can get in there with a socket.

Jason

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
how did yall buy yall's intake? I was going to pay with a credit card.. but i dont think that i am able to.

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
bought it!!!!

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
****.. those where not the guys i bought it from!!!!!!!!1

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
mine was 87.95 .. because of $3.00 for insurance.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.