DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys & gals, Thinking about changing my 3rd gen 360 intake to a 2nd gen intake. So I figure I would give everyone a chance to post pics of ANY CAI you have on the 5.2/5.9. Just trying to get a good idea for a custom intake, and maybe someone has an old school idea.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
The Black Mamba

·
1 Big Ram
59 Posts
Well, here is what I did on my Durango when I had it (the Gr8whyt). Worked really well. Had it on for just over a year with no problems at all.

It is pieced together 4" PVC painted with Krylon Fusion paint and a Spectra cone filter. Used a 4" to 3" rubber plumbing boot and hose clamps to attach it to the TB. Drilled a hole in the boot little smaller than the air sensor and it popped right in. The Durangos originally had an air box so I cut it in half and used it as a heat shield.

...Did this just before HEMI5PNTSVN created the black mamba wth 3" plastic conduit. 6 of one half dozen of the other. I kinda like the conduit also,

Only reason I haven't done anything on the Ram yet is I can't figure out how to connect PVC or conduit directly to the TB without having to use an air hat.

Attachments

·
Registered Mopar Driver
151 Posts
I agree ^^ open air element is cheaper and works good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
spectre is also good too. and kindy cheap at 113

·
Registered Mopar Driver
151 Posts
^^ Getting one of these for Father's day should be in tomorrow! :cool:

So off with my air element...it does work pretty good though. A little loud sometimes but it wakes up when you romp it on the freeway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
when i got mine it was loud for awhile but now i can hardly hear it

·
Registered
327 Posts
mine: replacing with 14x3 K&N used a K&N breather too

·
Registered
146 Posts
spectre performance CAI:rck:,..$113.00 form jegs

Attachments

·
1 Big Ram
59 Posts
That'a pretty nice for the price! I can't see gettin' a whole lot of ram air through the stock air chamber, though. Maybe it does? IDK. I have been looking at that on my truck. See if cutting it bigger or something. There really isn't a lot of room next to the radiator though, either.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That'a pretty nice for the price! I can't see gettin' a whole lot of ram air through the stock air chamber, though. Maybe it does? IDK. I have been looking at that on my truck. See if cutting it bigger or something. There really isn't a lot of room next to the radiator though, either.

well I was goning to put near the rad like (wermbang), but I didn't wont it to suck water in it win I go thrur a mud hole:D

·
1 Big Ram
59 Posts
well I was goning to put near the rad like (wermbang), but I didn't wont it to suck water in it win I go thrur a mud hole:D
Well, the intake for the stock intake is right there in the same place (right next to the opening next to teh radiator).

·
Registered
327 Posts
only way to protect from that is a snorkel. thats why i like the open element, i have hit many mudholes and driven thru storms and big water puddles. it hasnt gotten dirty or even wet really. i think its because it so high up on in the bay. oh yeah and i have the rubber pieces out from the side of the radiator.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
I am also thinking about an outerwears for mine, and I have adjusted my bracket so it doesn't sit so low anymore.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am also thinking about an outerwears for mine, and I have adjusted my bracket so it doesn't sit so low anymore.
like a scoop?

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Not too worried about getting water in my CAI for my V10. I used the K&N Fipack and since the end is 5 1/2 feet off the ground don't plan on any water that deep.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
No I turned the pipe more towards the top of the radiator support. It doesn't have as much down angle anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.