DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, have read all the various threads on CAIs (adds hp, only adds sound, etc. etc...) along with the opinions of keeping the hemi hat or direct to the tb. For me I want to keep the hemi hat and will be happy with the sound improvement for the small $s investment.

Finally for the question... Looking inside the hat, I see two holes along the main air flow path that go into the sides of the hat. If I sealed those holes would it effectively be the same as connecting the CAI directly to the TB yet keeping the hat?

thanks in advance.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...yup....

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Make sure that what ever you use to seal those holes can NOT fall out and get sucked into your engine... Remember that as the plastic HEMI hat gets hot it will expand and when it gets cold it will shrink... this could cause what ever you use to plug those holes to break lose over time... Just make sure they can NOT fall in... I do think that by plugging those hole you would remove enough turbulance to make a HP gain... I dont think it would be the same as a true full length system but it would be an improvment.

You may just want to cut into the hat from the bottom and patch the holes from the INSIDE the chamber... this way it would be too large to pass through. and if it did brake lose it would not get sucked into the engine.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air Ram,
Thanks for the reply. My thoughts were to use a 2 part epoxy with high tensile strenght to attach the plugs/covers. Your idea of doing it from the inside of the camber is a better/safer solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.