DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have an Airram CAI on my hemi but my brother is looking for a CAI also. I only know about mine and i want to get some other opinions for him to look at. What CAI are you guys running and do you like it or dislike and did you notice any gains. Thank you ahead of time for taking the time to read and post. O i was wondering how the Mopar CAI works also im curious about that one.

·
Registered
929 Posts
intakes

you can take a look at mine i installed last week, and i believe k&n makes the mopar intakes for them. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295397 i like mine but boy when you stomp the throttle is it loud. i like mine and for the money it was hard to beat....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool man i like the looks of it and how its not boxed in. How do you like the scoop? Also did you get that power wire for your truck? Im curious about it and want to know if it really does add 10 rwhp like it says. If so im totally getting one ha.

·
Registered
929 Posts
intakes

Cool man i like the looks of it and how its not boxed in. How do you like the scoop? Also did you get that power wire for your truck? Im curious about it and want to know if it really does add 10 rwhp like it says. If so im totally getting one ha.
the scoop is nice, so far so good. i like it, and i do also have the power wire from airram but i have had it for so long now i could not tell you if its really making any difference. i can tell you my mpg have gone up just a small amount but that's hard to keep up there cause i can't keep my foot out of it...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha yea true its hard for me to keep my foot out of my truck too. Cool thanks for the info man. I think im gonna get both of them.

·
Registered
929 Posts
intakes

Haha yea true its hard for me to keep my foot out of my truck too. Cool thanks for the info man. I think im gonna get both of them.
sounds good dude, keep us updated on when you get them and install. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will do sir

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so i couldnt wait any longer and i ordered the scoop and the power wire just now. I cant wait to get them and install them. Im pretty excited!!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
if u can get one at the right time when they are on sell 4 cheap then u should check out the vararam. it looks good and performs great 2.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet thanks for the info man. Its for my brother but im thinkin maybe ill sell him mine and buy a new one :)

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
BFI and the Vararam seem to be the favorites on this site. They also seem to perform the best.

I have a Volant and love it. I didnt feel a huge difference with mine but, when I replace the stock Y pipe Im sure I will feel a big difference. Im a believer that most CAIs are not worth the money. If you can save yourself a bunch of money and just build one out of plumbing parts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the people that ordered the jet stream scoop and power wire-- did it take more than like 2 days for them to contact you and tell you your item was shipped? It says on the website that they ship same day but i havent gotten anything from them at all. I ordered my stuff at 7:30 last night and i emailed the guy on here and no response.

·
Registered
929 Posts
ordering parts

yea it took a couple days for nick to get me my shipping info. he has a sponsor site here so try posting or PM him your order info and maybe he will answer there, also re-try his email contact just to be sure. he will deliver though....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sent a pm yesterday to him and emailed him from the Airram website today. Not upset or anything just curious cause they show same day shipping on their website and on here so just wondering whats up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And still no contact from Airram. I purchased my Jet Stream scoop and the power wire from them on sunday and still have yet to be contacted by them. Sent a pm on here and sent an email to them from their website. Now im getting a little frustrated with the company. Any news from them would be good even if its o your gonna have to wait another week. Is this normal with them?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Nick is a standup guy and also in the service. I don't hink he's deployed but could be pullin duty... I got my jet stream an powerwire back in 05 from him..

·
Registered
929 Posts
airram

just keep checking in with him, he will get you your parts... i know its not easy but you will get them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im not upset with him personally just itching to get my parts. And i couldnt get mad at someone who serves in the military i have huge respect for him. I was supposed to be in boot camp this week to be an Army infantryman but found out i have a hernia that i have to take care of first. And yea ill give him a call tomorrow and see whats up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
K&n

you can get that same mopar set up of e-bay for 80 bucks or the dual cone filter that i might put back on now that i have an SRT hood. aluminum intakes will be louder and a little less powerful. the plastic composite that K&N makes is the opposite, less engine noise, more power. i have always loved the way my aluminum intakes sound. my truck came with a volant, i took that off and put on the K&N 77 series. with the throttle body spacer, i love the way my truck sounds. i have been asked if i have a turbo before!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha i have a throttle body spacer also with my Air Aid intake and people have asked why my truck whistles and if its a turbo. Ill let my brother know about that intake im doing this research for him. He wants one on his 06 qcsb 4x4 hemi. All he has is some flowmasters on it. He is more for sound than performance with his mufflers. Poor lost boy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.