DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after ordering them from Recon direct, I started reviewing this forum. I've seen some negative comments about this. Why?

Now to the real question(s).

I have also read every post regarding install, but was wondering if someone would like to chime in with a step-by-step or how to. From the first screw/clip to completion. Tools needed, etc...
My Hayes manual does not include anything about headliner removal.

As I have read in an older post, the A-pillar covers are difficult to remove with-out cracking. Well, too late. While sitting in the parking lot at work, I tried to pop it off an "snap". Clips and plastic pieces fell out.

What is the proper way to remove them?

Once to the wiring, I have heard there is a factory loom under the passenger a-pillar for cab lights eliminating the need to run all the way to the headlight switch. True?

I just want to have everything ready before my truck is down for a weekend. Also adding a body lift and some other maintenance. Will post pics when done.

Thanks Dodge guys!

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I didn't break anything on mine just waited until it was warm out and my interior was hot the plastic just popped out fine. I had no wires under the headliner had to run a wire to switch.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
I also had no problems with the pillars breaking. =/

There is no stock wiring for the lights. There ARE however, holes in the inner roof skin that make the install of the lights themselves quite rather easy.

Word of advice: Pull a line of masking tape straight across the roof, and mount them parallel to that line. I attempted to match the 'curve' of the windshield... Not sure I like it, I think all facing 100% straight forward looks better.

I love my Recon LED Clear lights. Not a complaint in the world @ em.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Yeah I just drilled the whole in the roof for the wire got on the roof and screwed them down where I liked it took a whole hour for everything.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
My buddy had a 3/4" Sheet metal punch. So I drilled a 1/2 hole somewhere in the middle of the opening (from inside to outside) threaded the punch, it self centered on the inner roof panel, 5 perfectly aligned holes. Worked awesome! The actual install of the lights took far less time than wiring them. but I'm super OCD about wiring.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Worst part of the install was putting that many holes in my 48k truck!

Use lots of RTV!!

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Yeah my holes I drilled were not 3/4 inch I only made them big enough for the wire with a littler rubber grommet on it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
x2! 3/4 is way to big. Unless he didn't cut the plug ends off. I cut mine off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.