Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum.

I'm 18 years old and looking to buy my first truck. The 1994-2001 Rams struck my attention. I like the exterior styling, and they appear to be pretty strong and reliable. Around New England they range from $4,000-$7,000 so they are affordable for me.

Anyways I wanted to know how they are. Obviously this is a Ram forum and most if not all of you are going to say they are the best trucks around....which I strongly agree...but what "faults" or problems do they have?

I work in an auto garage during the summer and I have only worked on one Dodge Ram 1500 so far. It was in for a broken ABS sensor. Nothing big. Also to note I have worked on about 7 Ford F150/250 trucks and 2 Chevy 1500. So i'm thinking Dodge's are pretty reliable.

To conclude any personal stories or feedback on your Dodge Ram 1500 would be appreciated. Thanks.

AK

· Registered
72 Posts
I have had my 99' dodge Ram Sport for 6 years and never had a problem until recently my computer went bad. So I guess that isn't to bad. The only money i have spent on it was money I wanted to spend for accessories and tires. Some years had transmission problems but I still like the reliability of my Dodge. I will never buy anything except a Dodge truck from now on. I had a Chevy and a ford before this and always was spending money on them.
Just my 2 cents worth............

· Registered
62 Posts
MoparMissile9 said:
New to the forum.
I work in an auto garage during the summer and I have only worked on one Dodge Ram 1500 so far. It was in for a broken ABS sensor. Nothing big. Also to note I have worked on about 7 Ford F150/250 trucks and 2 Chevy 1500. So i'm thinking Dodge's are pretty reliable.
Don't let the numbers fool you. Numbers can be manipulated to make anything look good. What if there are 50 Dodge trucks where you live and there are 1000 Ford trucks and 750 Chevrolet trucks? Then what do your numbers really say?

· Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,505 Posts
The two most common major problems I can think of are the notorious auto transmissions, and a leaky intake plenum gasket. The later is fixable, the former is cussable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.