DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Christopher
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All -

I thought I would share my experience with you folks and you can make up your own mind. I purchased a loaded (not Limited) 2004 SLT Hemi Durango back in November and I've put about 18k miles on it. I've been looking into trading it for a Diesel Ram to make pulling a 5300 lb trailer a little more comfortable. I paid about $29k for the truck and the best I can get on trade is $20k. I've seen 05 Limited's with low miles for sale for less than $25k in central Texas. I've seen D's just like mine retailing for $22k.

I'm kicking myself now because I feel like a moron for making such a bad purchasing decision. Not because of the D, I love the truck, but because of the massive depreciation. I know this can be true of any new vehicle, so I only have myself to blame.

Thank goodness, the D can pull my trailer... I guess I'll have to live with it. :WHT:

Christopher

· Christopher
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JibeHo said:
You must have never bought a new car before? There are very few new vehicles that you can drive off the stealers lot without taking a BIG hit. The first that comes to my mind would be a Big Harley, second maybe a MB. ...snip....
Actually, I have purchased 4 new vehicles...Mazda pickup, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord & Harley Davidson. I still have the Nissan and the Harley (I'll have it forever). Anyway, none of these vehicles have depreciated like D.

Shopping around for the Diesel Ram has also taught me a big lesson. I'm finding 2004 models with less than 20k miles for around $10k to $13k off original sticker. I'll chalk this one up to experience, I should have known better. I will have to go into "major paydown" mode and try to trade again next summer. Of course, by next summer, I'll only be able to get $10k. Live & Learn...

Christopher

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.