• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
It's a JEEP thing!
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Definately a lot of good points are made...

I went to jeep.com and found the lease incentive program and it appears that it will work for me. The one thing that concerns me is the "extra charges" for example, tires, scratches, and dents. They use a credit card to test any area, so if you have a scratch smaller than a credit card, you won't get charged for it. Since I am looking at a Wrangler and chances are I will take it off road, I am sure there will be a few scratches on it within 3 years. I am more than likely going to buy my next ride due to the fact I like the feel of "owenership", availble to mod if need be, and I will probably keep it for awhile.

For my wife on the other hand, It will probably be worth while for her to get a lease. She likes to have a new ride every few years.

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
i say lease it if u like to have a new car every couple of years and dont plan to mod.

if u like to mod and plan to keep it = buy it and have fun!

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I'll never lease again.....i'd rather own it out right.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Buying is for sure the better (cheaper) way if you can afford it! With leasing you pay for the use of the vehicle but you don't own anything at the end and you have to deal with issues when you return the vehicle (scratches, dents, milage, wear, etc.). On the same terms your payment is usually double versus leasing. So you have to go for a longer term finance contract and you won't drive a new vehicle every 3 years.

·
SOFA KING AWESOME
575 Posts
i have some sort of lease to buy thing on my truck. the payments where $50 a month less for a 3 year lease and and the end of the lease I have the option to purchase the remaining balance as though I had been making payment the whole time.

and if you get bored with the truck you could always dump that extra cash into it and slam/shave/custom paint it like i did :D

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
IMO, buying a vehicle is only better than leasing if you keep it until it's paid for because if you don't, you never really own it anyway, you are just paying alot more to rent it. I kept my last truck (and my wifes car) for 2 years after they were paid for and the $$ we saved not making payments was really nice. When we bought this truck we put nothing down and sold my old truck and her car for right around $10,000 and used that to buy her a 3 year old Sebring, cash.

Well, she got tired of that car real fast and we just a couple weeks ago traded it in for a new fully loaded Mazda 3 (don't flame me, it's what she wanted) lease. Payments are only $160 and the lease will run out right after my truck is paid for. I'll keep my truck and she can buy the car of her choice (probably a 300C).

My plan is to only ever have one car payment at a time and while the paid off Sebring didn't satisfy her quite long enough, I guess I can't complain too much about $160 a month because not having to hear her whine about not having a new car is PRICELESS!! :thatfunny

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I got burned on a lease.....I used to like the idea of more car for less $$ per month, I had a lease on a Chrysler minivan in 87' when they first came out with the V6 and extended wheelbase. I was given a buyout figure of $5500.00 and at the end of the 4 yr lease I went to buy it out and was told my buy out was $11000.00. I was pi--ed off to say the least. it would have cost me $3500.00 less if I had just purchased it. Leasing is nothing more than a rental and you pay for all the maintenance and excessive wear and tear.....well I had 3 kids...someone did a hit and run and I had to put new tires on it before I turned it in. I decided to trade it in at another dealership and got a $3000.00 used car for it and they paid the buyout. The only reason I got the $3000.00 car was because they had a huge demand for that particular minivan.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.