DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I was showing, now I'm telling. I entered my very first car show today, and I am quite pleased to announce a first place trophy. Oh happy day! Mrs Butweet was very happy to see the fruits of our labor, (and cash.) I thanked her for allowing me the opportunity to do the car show, while she spent the afternoon taking three truckloads of crap to the dump. Gosh, I love her. :D
BTW. Really nice to meet Steve (Navyvet) and Chris (Daisy) at the show. Thanks for coming down.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Way to go weet...

I would love to have flames like yours but, after droppin the cash I have in the past week, I may have to wait until say, 2007? :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. The flames and having it dropped on the ground, seemed to be the attention getters.
More people were wriggling on their bellies like a reptile, trying to see if was really sitting on the ground! :thatfunny

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
obiwan said:
Way to go weet...

I would love to have flames like yours but, after droppin the cash I have in the past week, I may have to wait until say, 2007? :)
Thanks Obi. Any ETA on your supercharger? I'm dying here. I'm so into checking out your bad boy with the blower. I'm pretty tapped out myself on the cash issue. I might have to sell one of the kids to fund a blower. I don't know if I saw what you dropped on this little gem, but I'm guessing 5 to 6 G's? I'm gonna have to wait for a blower. You're gonna have to wait for flames. It's all about priorities. :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Wow, I just checked your gallery for the first time, and I'm impressed! I knew you had gotten flames done but I never saw the whole car. Very nice!!!!

Congrats on the trophy! :rck:

·
Registered
176 Posts
They say 2 weeks, I'm thinking a month if not more. They are still getting parts in for their test car.

Blower polished, pre-order special $4800
Big boost kit $450 (discounted)
65lb injectors $100 (discounted)
Blower install $900
Header install $450

Some where north of if my wife knew, my backside would be in a sling :thatfunny

But what the hell she just ordered a $4000 patio cover, and I didn't make her make trips to the dump :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No denero, but the marble and solid 24 carot trophy has got to be valued at upwards of, oh 3 bucks at the very least.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Bada$$ ride, I like the carbon fiber motiff :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Way to go weet!

Hey but,
Good on you!
KK

PS: You look better without the "fro"!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hemi31 said:
Hey Butweet,
Congrats on the first place,the car looks great.Just looked at your gallery pics,how did you smoke you tailights,they are just right?
Thanks. The tail lights were removed and taken to a paint shop, where they painted a transluscent candy black on em. They can be done as dark as you want, but be careful. The law doesn't care for black tail lights! :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats Butweet! Its nice to see that your hard work and patience paid off!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Candy black? LOL! I used to love it when people came to me asking to paint a candy black paint job. "Sure", I would say adding, "But it's going to cost you because candy black is VERY hard to paint." LOL

Of course candy black doesn't exist. You simply thin it down to near transparency and build it up until you get the right shade. :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MagnumMan said:
Candy black? LOL! I used to love it when people came to me asking to paint a candy black paint job. "Sure", I would say adding, "But it's going to cost you because candy black is VERY hard to paint." LOL

Of course candy black doesn't exist. You simply thin it down to near transparency and build it up until you get the right shade. :D
Oh, so your a scheister? Ripping off those poor people. Just kidding. I was actually just going by what I was told, so I passed it on as such. Sounds better than saying "it's painted with thinned down black paint."

·
Registered
130 Posts
Time to set up a trophy room! Your Magnum looks awesome. It was great meeting up with you & Daisy. That was a very friendly show, hopefully nobody else in your catagory cried because you took 1st place. You deserved to win, your whip is by far a great looking show car.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Navyvet said:
Time to set up a trophy room! Your Magnum looks awesome. It was great meeting up with you & Daisy. That was a very friendly show, hopefully nobody else in your catagory cried because you took 1st place. You deserved to win, your whip is by far a great looking show car.
Thanks man. It was great to meet you guys as well. Oh yes. I know of a couple of guys that were pissed I was in their class. I was there to show the car. They were there to win a trophy! I think we're getting enough of us Magnum folks around here to form up a meet or cruise of some kind in the near future. Irock's Mag is coming soon. I'm guessing they're around Olympia or Centralia. I think there's some others around as well. Keep in touch. I'm still waiting to hear about Daisy's tick. That bites!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Butweet is my HERO. Viva la Magnums! :rck:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blackcomb said:
Butweet is my HERO. Viva la Magnums! :rck:
Thanks Man. Haven't seen you around much lately. Probably out cruizin around in one of the hottest cars made!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.