DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Semper Fidelis
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have front seat heaters, love em. Especially recently, with highs in the single digits.

However, the rear seats aren't heated, which my little ones complain about.
My dash has toggle switch for driver and passenger seat heat and there are two blanks/fake toggles in between these real toggles.

Question:
Are these two blanks wired to the rear seat? Or, are they completely useless.
If so, why are they there and what's their intent?

I would love to add rear seat heaters and utilize these toggles.
Please see pic below.
The "Fake" toggles are in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello,I also have heated front seats but I have 1 blank and the other switch is for the disconnecting sway bay on a power wagon. hope this helps a little. :) I hope the other blank is for a rear power sliding window I'm trying to search for that now.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
I believe 05pwrwgn is correct..are their toggles already their??

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
05pwrwgn said:
Hello,I also have heated front seats but I have 1 blank and the other switch is for the disconnecting sway bay on a power wagon. hope this helps a little. :) I hope the other blank is for a rear power sliding window I'm trying to search for that now.
Any chance you have a part number for that switch as I have another mod in mind& that would be made for it.

cheer martin

·
Semper Fidelis
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah crap. I was afraid of that.
So, why in the heck did they put them there?

Did u use them for your rear seat heaters or, was yours the seat heater install I saw, with buttons in the rear?

Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
They put the blanks there because that dash fits all Rams. Some, like the Power Wagon, have switches there for the sway bar connect/disconnect. There is no wiring there to go to the rear seats. But it should not be difficult to run wires to heat the rear seats from there. The part number for the heated seat switches are as follows. The driver side one is 56040688AD. The passenger side one is 56040639AD. I don't know the difference except that maybe the connectors are different on the back or the drivers switch may be a little more heavy duty because it will be used more. But I don't know exactly.

·
Registered
772 Posts
eslrichey said:
Yeah crap. I was afraid of that.
So, why in the heck did they put them there?

Did u use them for your rear seat heaters or, was yours the seat heater install I saw, with buttons in the rear?

Thanks.

My install had the switches placed either side of the floor drinks holder (slightly closer than I would have liked :VHOT: )

·
Semper Fidelis
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh, excellent insight DRFLGD, thanks!
I think I'll have to get those switches..... and the rest of the heat goodies to boot. l'll search online for em unless you recommend a source.

Yeah, exdecuk, I remember your post now. Looked like a pretty clean install though. Nice job.

The problem I now face, is I need it to warm up before I can even THINK, about working on my truck. Garage is too full of crapola.

Doh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.