DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
03ramqc5.9
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately had about half of the plastic piece under my front bumper ripped off after i hit a fence post, which was hidden in some grass. It looks like this piece is molded onto the actual bumper. Is it replaceable or is a whole new bumper needed?? I have the sport model so my bumpers are all black, i was wondering if i could just get the painted piece that comes with the appearance package, is this possible???? any help is appreciated.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I would think you have to replace the whole thing......... check the junkyard, maybe you'll find one that's decent.

Good luck...

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
If you are talking about the Air Dam
It is separate

5 screws and a bunch of tabs

2 screws are behind the bumper supprts and a pain to get off

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Oops, my bad... I didnt see the word "under" as in "under the bumper" as in the Air Dam.....

I thought he ripped the whole plastic fascia off his bumper.

I need to read these things more carefully apparently. :)

The Air Dam by itself should be relatively cheap to replace.

·
Registered
365 Posts
His signature says Sport so yes it is all one piece and not a seperate piece. Check ebay $289 plus shipping.

·
03ramqc5.9
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, i found out today that i have no deductible for comprehensive so my insurance co. is picking up the bill, just need to take it to an adjustor. And by the way, i don't know if this is right, but i just called my local dodge dealer and he quoted me $672 for the primed srt 10 bumper, and i asked how much for the original sport bumper and he quoted me the same price, he sounded confused, i'm thinking of getting the srt 10 bumper but not sure if it will sit too low or look goofy, its a 1500 2wd quad cab. Any input???????????????

·
Registered
365 Posts
That is exactly what I did but bought the Srt-10 for 450 shipped. Check Slammed 1 he had 1 for sale. Buy the bumper yourself and save over $300. The insurance doesn't have to know just the body shop.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
03RAMON22S said:
His signature says Sport so yes it is all one piece and not a seperate piece. Check ebay $289 plus shipping.
Looks to me like the SPORTS also have Air Dams

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yes, the sports do have Air Dams Bob. However their Air Dam is molded onto the whole bumper, not a separate piece like those of us with the chrome/metal bumpers. Theirs cannot be removed, unless you hit a post or take a cutting tool of some sort to it. :D

KB

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yup... the Sports and the Non-Sports have a different front air damn. I removed the one on my 03 SLT... after having a lil help in doing so. lol I liked the look of it as it gave it a higher stance appearance. So when I got my 04, that was gonna be the first thing I was gonna do till I found out it was all one piece. The only way to remove it (without the help of a fence post of course) would be to cut it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.