DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2005 Power Wagon
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I'm not crazy about the fitment of these flares, I WILL make them work. The factory PW flares just didn't provide enough coverage with the wider tires. You'd think that Bushwacker could at least get half of the mounting holes to line up. I will have to do some measuring and "slot" the holes so I get a good tight fit to the body of the truck, but I will tackle that project this w'end.

Has anyone had these flares fit "right" out of the box? or have you had to tweak them to make them fit?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice, great looking rig!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Mine fit OK. I did have to hog out a hole or two and push and pull here and their to make them fit. They are snug to the body now though. Don't forget to use that Rubber piping. If you don't your paint will be fubar'd. As it is I have it on mine and their is a Rub ring from dirt and crap getting in that area.

·
2005 Power Wagon
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually bought these used through another Dodge truck message board. 4 Wheel Parts had installed them on the other truck and I wasn't sure if the flares had come pre-drilled or if it was their screw up. The rubber piping was in tact. Even the factory flares left that little "rub ring" that you mentioned, STL HEMI. But they came right off when I waxed. Figured I may as well put a protective coat of wax under there while I had the flares off.

·
Registered
292 Posts
looks great!!

Are you interested in selling your factory flares at all? if so let me know, looking for some

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sweet Truck. How does that beast ride/drive on the highway. Is that lift designed for the powerwagon or standard 2500?

·
2005 Power Wagon
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
95f150 said:
Are you interested in selling your factory flares at all? if so let me know, looking for some
I probably will. I'll need to round up a screw kit for them though as I had to re-use most of the hardware to mount the Bushwackers.

Wes28376 said:
How does that beast ride/drive on the highway. Is that lift designed for the powerwagon or standard 2500?
It rides just a touch stiffer than the factory suspension, but still pretty damn good. The lift started out as a standard 2500 lift, but they had to fabricate a couple of new parts. If I remember right, they had to make up new swaybar links and a new part for the front shock upper mounts. They want it back for another day or two to try a couple of other things, but I'm to put 500-1000 miles on it first. I figure to get it back down there after deer season.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ok, let me know if your gonna sell them, if so how much you want for them?

Truck looks great, i like the looks of the chrome rockers on there, might have to go that route aswell.

·
2005 Power Wagon
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I will let you know, 95f150.

·
Bright silver & chrome!
81 Posts
That thing is wicked nice. Great looking truck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.