DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a need for a spare jack-I couldn't count on the factory jack as my only tool to get my truck up in the air. I wanted something light with a good lifting capacity. This was the best solution I could find. 8000 lb. and 30" lift capacity. Weight is 19 lb. I tried it out today, and here is my review. I had to cut the end of my exhaust pipe square to get a good seal. You need to physically hold the hose on the end of the exhaust pipe due to back pressure. The hose is like fire hose and you need to keep it un-kinked. I tried to find the center of gravity to lift both l/s tires off. In the picture the rear tire is well off the ground. The front tire is able to spin by hand. IMO this is a good jack for stock height Power Wagons. It will really be good on soft ground. It comes in a great compact storage case, and would have more lift options than a Hi-Lift jack. It also has a standard air fitting if desired. The exhaust would fill it at idle in just a few minutes. This thing is heavy duty and comes in a nice compact kit. It's made in Australia and cost about $200.00

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have one but i cant use it lol damn dual exhaust :mad:

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
My concerns would be-what if it touches the hot exhaust pipe under the truck? Would it melt or can you lift the truck without it getting near the exhaust?

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
is that on the frame? it look like your lifting it from the body? I guess with it being soft thats ok, could you lift from the axels or would it just wrap around?

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Didn't somebody have one of those, and didn't like it, and sent it back?

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
yeah, i think it was packraft? but all i remember is he said it didn't fit on the exhaust, if that was the only issue it seems to have been resolved :D

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
I'm not sure specifically what your issue with it was, but he said he just cut the tip to get it to seal?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is another jack like this being sold, It's about half the price and the stuff I read on the web wasn't good about the cheaper one. I did end up lifting on the skidplate-frame-and body. And why would you lift on hot exhaust :WHT: Would you lift on cold exhaust ? I wouldn't. Also this thing is thick-thick and comes with another thick piece of rubber to give more protection-Did I say thick!! I can't think of sharp things under the truck that couldn't be avoided to make a lift. Use some common since here-no jack is perfect for everything. Like I said I wanted something compact-light-with good lift to back up that cheesy little factory jack- Also I'm a big guy 6'3" 260 lb and I was holding that hose with all my might at the end-even at Idle that hemi is quite an air pump. It would be nice to have a locking attachment. After coffee I'll put up a few pict. of the kit-I even used it to lift the roof of my pop top camper to make a repair.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
26" dia 6" thick (in storage) - 19lbs. - narley spikes on bottom - comes with gloves (big deal) but nice touch. Long hose has one way check valve and exhaust attachment - short hose is an extension - can fill with a GOOD high volume air compressor - video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxW-5nYr-m4

Attachments

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
How much do they cost and where can you get one?

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Seems the video shows someone lifting half on the spare tire, I would'nt do that either. If you look, you can see it is pushed way up on the side he is jacking from, possibly bending the mount or worse yet the bottom of the bed.What I meant is what if you were climbing something and shreaded the tire on a rock or something and had to do it right where you were to avoid rim dammage or body damage ? Is it possible that the hot exhaust would prohibit you from using it on the pass side until it cooled down ? It looks like it contours quite a bit, and while maybe you don't intend for it to contact the ex sys, it looks like it might.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
Only one way to find out right :rck: ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.