DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyting else in my heads cause me to burn alot of oil. i replaced the plenum, intake gaskets and valve seals and im still buring oil. i did a compression test on all cylinders and none of them jump more than 10 psi when i put oil in the cylinders to seal them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
could be a loose nut behind the wheel? nah man, just kidding. that sounds very strange, especially since you replaced most of the oil-sealing components and did a compression test. god forbid, but there is a possibility that you could have used a defective seal when you replaced some, most likely not the problem but i've seen it happen. really sucks. well good luck man, i'll post if i think of somethin else.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
How many miles are on it?? :gr_patrio

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
This may sound like something you already checked, but have you checked your pcv valve? They are under $3 from the parts store and very simple to change out. The metal plunger inside sometimes gets clogged and stuck in the open position...that would burn off some oil.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea checked that. it has 106,xxx maintained good. it really smokes when i first start it in the morning then it goes away when it warms up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.