DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Violent Violet
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so new project for violet, i have been eyeing this for a while now, but in the next few months i am going to be getting a new bumper from T.A.G. i absolutely HATE plastic bumpers. now im a sucker for diamond plate when it looks good but this is a solid steel bumper and i have no access to a welder nor am i made up of money to have someone fabricate one for me that looks as good as the ones from T.A.G., my project is this;

*Buy the bumper base, basic primer coat
*Get a roll of industrial Diamond plate matting and cut to the shape of the bumper
*apply to bumper
*fill in cracks with some kind of silicone or the like so everything is flush.
*primer, paint, install
***if possible notch so my current grill guard will overlay it

my problem is the third step, the application of the diamond plate matting to the bumper. the mats only come with what they call a "semi permanent", and i want no semi involved. when im done i want it to stay. anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
What's the purpose of the plate matting? Just for looks?
You plan on putting your current grill guard on top of that bumper? I'm confused.
Please elaborate a little more.

·
Violent Violet
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the purpose of the plate matting? Just for looks?
You plan on putting your current grill guard on top of that bumper? I'm confused.
Please elaborate a little more.
yes and yes. i know putting my grill gaurd on top of the bumper may take more effort or may toss the idea out entirely, but the main reason is to get the new bumper with a diamond plate look.

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
yes, what War_Wagon said.

I know it's to each their own, but you did ask for ideas and suggestions... so please don't put a cop grill on top of that nice bumper.
that's just me... coming from someone who entirely changed the look of his Durango. haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.