DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody had replaced this piece on their truck and if so, where they got it, how much, etc.

sorry for the sideways picture

What about the piece under it too? I took that off about a month ago because it was all dented up and didn't look good. Thanks for the help, Zack.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
that grey part on the bumper...I painted black to match the upper bumper pad.

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
A little forever black and that thing will look new!

·
Registered
631 Posts
+a million on painting it black, this is one thing I did to the front bumper on my truck is it is the best appearance mod I have ever done to my truck.

·
Registered
631 Posts
also, try your local auto wreckers, forgot to mention!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Do not buy it from JC Whitney. It will not fit.

·
www.skyhighrides.com
35 Posts
the piece on the top of the bumper is always gray. i put stuff on it to make it black and it turns back to gray about a week later

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes...be carefull of aftermarket parts for this...I just had mine replaced by the body shop after a wreck and it did not fit...I made them reorder OEM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What type, brand and color of paint did you use to paint it black?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the same front end on my truck but wish I had the Sport look so I am going to get one of these.....It probably isn't much more than the two pieces you are talking about. I will paint them black or red to go with my red truck with black trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My dad sells automotive paint because he is a BASF rep for around here and he works with all the body shops and is friends with most all of them since he has been doing it for so long. I came home today and he pointed in the garage and there was the brand new OEM pieces. I guess he just got one of the shops to order for us which would be a lot better price. He also had that black piece that goes on top of the chrome part that the fog lights are in. Pretty cool. Thanks for the help though, I was just about to order from that LMC truck.

·
Registered
631 Posts
What type, brand and color of paint did you use to paint it black?
I used the Krylon Fusion paint. it is specially made for plastic, and i used it along with some Krylon clear and my front bumper still looks new!

EDIT: take a look at the second pic and that is what my front bumper looks like now. I painted it last summer and those pics were taken a week ago.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236168

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
I used the Krylon Fusion paint. it is specially made for plastic, and i used it along with some Krylon clear and my front bumper still looks new!

EDIT: take a look at the second pic and that is what my front bumper looks like now. I painted it last summer and those pics were taken a week ago.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236168
I also used this paint and it worked great. Painted the top plastic on both bumpers and the honey comb grill that was grey is now black. Just remember if you paint the rear step pads dont ever step on them again because it is a paint and will scratch. Found that out the hard way.Also need to do my door handles/inserts but I might try that other stuff Forever black or something like that because of the scratch factor..

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks for the info.

·
Right-wing nutjob.
371 Posts
My dad sells automotive paint because he is a BASF rep for around here and he works with all the body shops and is friends with most all of them since he has been doing it for so long. I came home today and he pointed in the garage and there was the brand new OEM pieces. I guess he just got one of the shops to order for us which would be a lot better price. He also had that black piece that goes on top of the chrome part that the fog lights are in. Pretty cool. Thanks for the help though, I was just about to order from that LMC truck.
Man, nice hook-up you got there. Tell pops to send me front door shells for a 2001 QC. And a gallon of PB7. I'll PM you my address. hahaha

Congrats on the new parts!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.