DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got it for christmas installed all the stuff on my comp hook it up to the usb cord an i get nothin it wont show up on the screen it just says no device attached or somethin. so i said let me see if it will work in the truck, i picked install download so i hit yes so it says turn key to on position an thats it. can anyone help?

·
Registered
79 Posts
bullydog

Did you go to there sight and download bullydog downloader to do updates.

Sometimes you have to turn the key on and off a couple of times i know had to do this with mine.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well i still cant get it to update but i just randomly went out to try it on the truck again and its working. its reading everything as i speak i'll let u know how it goes

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
Good luck. I love mine but I hate it at the same time. It's a poorly designed product. When I uninstalled it last week to bring my truck in for service it erased my PCM and I had to use recovery mode to fix it. Very scary. But then again when it works well it makes a huge difference. Truck even sounds different.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FUK i was all done an it was just finishing an now its stuck on 49% what the hell do i do now?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
sell it

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
RubberFrog said:
Ya, thats a big help to the guy

Like I told you in the other thread, I would NOT try to put it in the truck without updating it from the internet. Your best bet now is to get in touch with Bullydog tech support and iron out why it won't download the updates. I believe your computer is not finding the device and installing the proper drivers for it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok well around 8 i went to try it again an it worked, i set everything the way i wanted it an it was almost done an it froze at 49%, so i pulled it out an for some reason everything worked i felt way more power my truck is alot faster then stock. but i'm gonna mess with it more tomorrow after work

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
There was an issue with the BullyDog Agent program too. I had to get a file e-mailed to me from BD tech support to get the Agent to recognize my Power Pup. Glad you like what it does in the end when it works. After a few more problems you are going to start to wonder if it is really worth it.

Definetly update it. There was a version out there that wouldn't let my truck shift at WOT unless I let off the gas. Being that yours is also an '06 you might have problems.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i gotta figure out whats up with not bein able to update it b4 i do anything

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i just plug it into the comp an it came up saying recovery mode turn key on then off then on or somethin what the hell is that?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i put it in the truck an it went back to stock. so i tryed again. it got stuck at 49% again what am i gonna have to do?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok well i got the thing to work but i dident mess with the shift points and it worked perfect so i still got some stuff to work out but atleast i got the power part in there.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
did the manual manage to find the trash can or what..??

i would say every question you have had could be answered in the manual, on their website, or by calling them....etc....

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
um the manual dont tell u shit about this thing. if u dont wanna help dont post nothin

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Ok, we don't need this kind of thing............... Like I told you before, you should wait till you get in touch with a tech before you do anything else. The programmer NEEDS TO BE UPDATED before you should EVER install it into your truck.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
AndyK1 said:
um the manual dont tell u shit about this thing. if u dont wanna help dont post nothin
you're serious....i mean, every other programmer i have ever seen comes with a manual that explains most or all features and explains how to correctly connect it to your PC

and of course i always go to the manufacturers website and download the latest manual first, then get the latest updates, but you have to get the drivers loaded on your PC correctly before the programmer will be able to be updated, getting the latest revision of the manual might help you get that done right as well as downloading the latest version of the software that came with the programmer

the manual could also be on the disc that came with it, that's pretty common these days instead of printing the manual on paper

oooo wow, look what i found, i dont even have that programmer in front of me or have the part number and i managed to find the full manual

http://www.bullydog.us/instructions/BD_40010.pdf

it was at bullydog.com

then i clicked on support and then Instructions/FAQ and scrolled down to the Power Pup PN 42590 (if you have the Hemi that is)

then i clicked on the "Instructions"

you could even download the latest version of Update Agent from the support site...and then the download section for updates to load into your programmer

if you go to the Download Center you will see a huge advisory that says you should ALWAYS UPDATE YOUR DOWNLOADER BEFORE YOU INSTALL

this is all very simple basic stuff man, if you're just going to rush through it, not read anything, not look into anything, and just go plugging the box into your truck's PCM...well/....it may not go well, but you have the resources now, so take some time to read and do every step

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have read it on the web site but for some reason its not workin for me i gotta call them tomorrow to see what the problem is.the bullydog program that u dl wont read my programer when i hook it up to the usb cable an i have tryed all the stuff on the website.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.