Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to truck brands and mods...
Got a '99 Auto With 318 SLT...
I've got 99K Miles on it and the tranny went out. (Thank you Dodge) Building it is going to take place a bit sooner than expected...(hoping to wait till spring, but oh well).

Couple Q's:
I want to bullet proof my tranny and rearend.
My near future mods to consider will be to add a 5" Lift with 35" tires, the motor will be boosted ( most likely I will settle on the turbo, not a SC ). I'm pretty much building it as a nice work and hunting truck, with plenty of power to tow or haul...
I've thought of getting a pre-built tranny, but I wanna learn how to work on mine and have someone willing to teach, so...

What brands/websites are good to look into?

With the mods I have listed, what kind of gearing would you suggest?

I need to beef up the rearend, so again what brands and or work would you suggest?

Any other work or mods do I need to consider when doing tranny and rearend work for my future builds intended purpose?

I appreciate any input and or suggestions. I've been searching around and am getting slightly burnt out, so I just had to ask. Thanks everyone! :)

· Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em!!
414 Posts
Give Dan at www.thefastman.com a call. I understand he can build you a tranny like you are looking for and he's one of our sponsors on the site. Cant' help you much on the rear end. Maybe some of these other guys will chime in on that one.

bwdakrt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.