DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any company that makes a bull bar that bolts to the tow hook mounts? i decided on not getting a full wrap around brushguard. i seen an 06 2500 with a bull bar today and it looked sweet. now i have to decide on what bull bar to get. it has to have light mounts also. any ideas would be great. thanks

·
Too Loud? Too Bad!
194 Posts
I have a westin bull bar, it has light tabs, i have 6 inch KCs in there. Mine is black but it comes in chrome also. Heres a pic:

Attachments

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i seen westin and like the look. if i cant find any that bolt to the tow hook locations then ill go with the all chrome westin bars. the have light tabs and fit really nice. only supposed to take about an hr to install also.

·
Too Loud? Too Bad!
194 Posts
I didnt install mine myself, so i dont know if they bolt to the tow hook mounts exactly but where it is mounted is where the tow hooks would be, or are you talking about someting where u would be able to keep ur tow hooks?

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
nope, gotta remove the tow hook bar to install a bull bar, cause the bolt where the hook bar bolts to. u can get a randy ellis light bar and keep the tow hooks.

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have tow hooks and i dont want them. i didnt know if anyone makes a bull bar or light bar that mounts to the tow hook locations. i just seen the the brackets and thought maybe a company has used them for the bar mounts.

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pretty much im wanting a bar of some sort that mounts lights to come out of that space in the middle of the bumper where the tow hooks would be. if noone makes anything like that then ill just go with the westin bars.

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
The Westin bull bar is a good looking bar, good luck with that if go with it and be sure to post pics no matter which you go with.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Bryanh23 said:
pretty much im wanting a bar of some sort that mounts lights to come out of that space in the middle of the bumper where the tow hooks would be. if noone makes anything like that then ill just go with the westin bars.
Try Smittybilt, Daystar or KC! One of those has the type your looking for.

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i think i had the name messed up. i guess i was looking for a prerunner bar. maybe it will make more sense now.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Bryanh23 said:
well i think i had the name messed up. i guess i was looking for a prerunner bar. maybe it will make more sense now.
That's what I thought! The three sources I listed above carry prerunner bars.

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mopar fan said:
That's what I thought! The three sources I listed above carry prerunner bars.
sweet! searching will be alot better now that i know what im lookin for. thanks

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Bryanh23 said:
sweet! searching will be alot better now that i know what im lookin for. thanks
No problem! Let us know how you make out. I know there is a difference between the the Sport bumper and the others.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
well, alot of people have the randy ellis light bar, looks pretty good, but i like the prerunners better, like in the pic above, they look sharp, i seen some on ebay that look real good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.