DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm considering getting a bullbar for my truck. I might go with a different style of lightbar if I find one I like. What I need from you guys are pics of Bull Bars or lightbars on your 06 or newer 1500's only please.

· Registered
244 Posts
Here ya go:

Got the bar on ebay for $219.00 shipped. Got the Hella 500's from Walmart for $60.00.

· OH Snap!
493 Posts
Why 1500's only? If youre wanting to see how they look i can show you mine on my 2500.

· Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2500 have different mounts though. I want to see how different bars sit on the 1500's cause i don't want one that is too low or it messes up the approach angle.

· WHarvester
251 Posts
Im in the same ballpark... can't decide whether I want a bull bar or full brush guard. I would love to get the Predator Bumper Guard by Smitybilt because I had one on my 2002 1500 and loved it, but I can't find it for the 06. Any more pics/recomendations anyone?? Also, did you have to take your tow hooks off for your particular application?? Thanks!

· Registered
542 Posts
I'm with 98v10ram...What's up with the 06 or newer requirement?

I've looked at a few sites that offer bull and light bars and they are
all "02 and up" so what's up with the "06 or newer" requirement?

You just some holier than thou ******* that thinks "because my
truck is new I'm better than you"?

:thatfunny

· Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LittleBull said:
I'm with 98v10ram...What's up with the 06 or newer requirement?

I've looked at a few sites that offer bull and light bars and they are
all "02 and up" so what's up with the "06 or newer" requirement?

You just some holier than thou ******* that thinks "because my
truck is new I'm better than you"?

:thatfunny
The '06 and up SLT's have a steel plate/bracket that covers the bolts on the tow hooks so not all bars that fit an 02 -05 will fit 06+ trucks. I found that out the hard way after buying a light bar that allegedly fit all 02 and up model 1500's.

If the bar mounts to the frame under the bumper it's probably the same. If it mounts through the slot in the bumper then it would have to mount differently.

Attachments

· Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about the circles on the first two pics. They are from my tow hook install thread. The last photo shows the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.