DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off... I have lately day-dreamed that if my truck was totaled in some way, that i was able to get enough money to get any charger or ram i want... what would i get. So i built 4:

SRT charger Black, with all the goodies... 43K
R/T charger Black, with all the goodies...36K
Ram 2500 Diesel Black, with all the goodies... 46K
Ram 1500 Hemi Sunburst Orange, with all the goodies... 36K

If i went with a car... its a tough choice, but with the trucks... i think (as of now, not even considering a 1500 dielsel in this choice) i would go with the sunburst orange and have everything blacked out to make it match my old HS colors of Orange and Black...

But then i started messing with the options on the Sunburst truck, and i noticed a funny find... i went to click the option of the 34 gallon gas tank, and it said that in order to switch from my 26 gallon to a 34 gallon, i would have to... get this... CHANGE MY PAINT JOB!!!! because the 34 gallon tank is not available with the Sunburst Orange, but i would have to switch to the Inferno Red in order to get the larger tank...

ANYONE have any LOGICAL explination for this???

well, thats my little boring story, while procrastinating for a business report that is due tomorrow for school LOL

-David

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
I think its doin that to ya cause you want ur OVIDEO colors instead of WS colors. Dodge doesnt like ghey colors like that lol jk. Thats an odd find.

Btw, have fun on ur business report, had one due yesterday.. procrastination's a bitch lol

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Playa Please... I didnt go to O-VD-Hoe HS HAHA

SPRUCE CREEK BIATCH!!!! home of the BEST weightlifting team in the dam NATION... HOLLA!!!

-David

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
its ok david, we know you guys sucked. Do you still want the number for CVS. I believe that perscription is in. HAHAHA jk :cool:

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I saw a similar thread talking about sunroofs. I guess you can get a new 08 4.7L SLT auto with a sunroof and leather, but you can not if you get it with a manual tranny. Have no idea why ...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't have any clue why you couldn't get a 34 gal. tank. I'm not sure what mine is but my truck has every option except for power pedals and power rear glass and my sticker was closer to 42k for the quad cab sport.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
schawks73 said:
First off... I have lately day-dreamed that if my truck was totaled in some way, that i was able to get enough money to get any charger or ram i want... what would i get. So i built 4:

SRT charger Black, with all the goodies... 43K
R/T charger Black, with all the goodies...36K
Ram 2500 Diesel Black, with all the goodies... 46K
Ram 1500 Hemi Sunburst Orange, with all the goodies... 36K

If i went with a car... its a tough choice, but with the trucks... i think (as of now, not even considering a 1500 dielsel in this choice) i would go with the sunburst orange and have everything blacked out to make it match my old HS colors of Orange and Black...

But then i started messing with the options on the Sunburst truck, and i noticed a funny find... i went to click the option of the 34 gallon gas tank, and it said that in order to switch from my 26 gallon to a 34 gallon, i would have to... get this... CHANGE MY PAINT JOB!!!! because the 34 gallon tank is not available with the Sunburst Orange, but i would have to switch to the Inferno Red in order to get the larger tank...

ANYONE have any LOGICAL explination for this???

well, thats my little boring story, while procrastinating for a business report that is due tomorrow for school LOL

-David
There are two plants building the 1500 Quad Cabs, one in Missouri and the other in Warren, Michigan. One plant (I'm not sure which) builds all the trucks with the bigger fuel tanks. One plant builds the Detonator Yellow and Sunburst Orange trucks, the other does not. If I am not mistaken, all of the "high impact" colors being offered this year are not offered with a 34-gallon tank, and neither is the new "leather and sun" package. May not be logical.....but that's probably the explanation. ;)

·
Brad
1,764 Posts
if yo uwant a real estimate of the prices of those vehicles, just remove like 6-10k off their sticker. dodge is doing whatever they can to sell their vehicles now

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
Spruce creek just wanted to follow the great oviedo lions foot steps of orange and black....

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also noticed they dont make any SPORT models anymore... whats your info on that FreeLantz? im quite curious...

-David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.