DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a roadtrip and the front of my truck is COVERED in dead bugs. What do you suggest I use to get them all off without harming the paint. I mean a TON of bugs!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've found that soaking the bugs with water first, then a good wash and dry with a good micro fiber waffle towel will remove most of them. For the stubborn ones that are left after washing, soak them with Detail Spray and rub them off with a micro fiber towel, if there are still some left, you can always clay bar them off. There are commercial bug removers available that work well too. Your local auto parts or Wal-Mart carry these products.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
if you can find a castle dealer they have a product called truck and bus , i use it all the time . you spray it on let it set a few minutes and was it off with your wash mit and soapy water . they just melt off. its the best , this is a commercial product that dealers use and trucking companys use . you mix this product 50% with water and i think the smallest quanity you can buy is a gallon. good luck do a google search for a castle dealer in your area.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I picked up a couple teflon mesh towels from Walmart, they work great on fresh bugs, don't know about old ones.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i just water and a bug scrubing sponge.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I use my pressure washer to spray my truck first including the undercarriage especially when there are bugs on the front of the truck before I wash. Then I use Turtlewax bug and tar remover for the dried on bugs.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
bug and tar remover , come on give me a break , a bug is basicly water base tar is solvent base one product cant cut both . ive tryed that stuff when i was a kid its junk . if it works your not doing a good job , and a scrub brush on the front of my new truck what are you guys crazy . you might as well use a pot scrubber or a red 3m scuff pad . maybe a piece of 80 grit sand paper. this stuff im talking about from castle is amazing if any of you guys have a white truck and it gets fly sh$t all over it (black dots) and it dont come off with soap and water this stuff melts it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.