DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't too happy with the way the last buffing came out simply because i had a few hairline scratches that didnt buff out, so i went out bought a more aggresive pad and some more aggressvie compound. Voila, all gone.

I only got half the truck done because of rain, but here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Looks good.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i actually took the first picture with the s10 in the back ground. you couldn't see any emblems and it looked like just a blurry picture (because of the orange peel). i retook it so you could see what panel (tailgate) it was.

anyone notice my signature? its edited, and i also have a new avatar. ;)

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also forgot to mention, that was with dreary skys. it looked so much better later on today when it got sunny.

i used a light cut foam pad and 3M finesse-it.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Nice work, black's tough to get right.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
looks good. how long did it take you? what did you use?

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
looks nice.

i'm so glad i don't have a dark vehicle again (my 5.0 was black and my z28 was dark blue).

i don't like having white either though because you can see all the "crap" in the paint. it looks like i have little rust spots all over. last time i clayed, it took me 3 hours to get about 80% of it out. it doesn't help that i rarely wax it and it's always outside.

my paint really needs some love right now, but i just don't care for some reason. i think i'm getting old and lazy. lol

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rick - yes its for sale

Rock - i used a fine polish/light cut pad with 3M finesse -it followed by a no cut polishing pad and evercoat polish

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
looks real good. Makes me want to do mine lol Mine needs it, but I'm holding off until it comes back from paint....

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wouldn't mind wet sanding the orange peel out, because, as you can see, there is a lot from the factory. it would look a lot better, but, i dont think i want to take the time because with work and all. it takes a long time to do it right, and then i would have to rebuff anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.