DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original 1947 Dodge WC. The engine starts idles and revs just fine. However, when I get on the road and am at about 40mph under moderate load the engine starts bucking really bad to the point that I have to slow down to stop the bucking. I have put new gas in, installed new spark plugs, new plug wires, timing is on and the timing advances when the engine is reved. Never had this experience. Compression is not great 50 to 80. Even with the low compression I still would not expect this.
Any thoughts??
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought of that yesterday and I think you are right. The spline connection is really loose.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same thing happened to me in my 85 swapping a magnum 360 in to it first time doing the swap but got some pretty good people giving me advice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
But you can probly take that drive shaft to any local repair shop or some jack stands and some weld on weights or weights themselves . And someone els helping you out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I need the spline joint replaced so I am going to take it to a driveline shop to have them do the joint and balance it.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
See if they can check your “concentric alignment“ ( alignment of engine to trans , driveshaft to rear end).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts