DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is for sale, and I have this dude(great guy) around the block from me who drove my truck back in october(was not for sale then). He said damn, if I could get rid of my bucket of bolts i'd buy yours in a heartbeat. Your truck is freakin fast. Ok, he is so horny for my girl(truck, not wife, I hope), and i'm firm on $15,500 cuz of the book value+ the many extra's I have done to it. He's dead set on wanting it really badly and he is trying to push me down to $14,000, plus he says his fiancee is giving him slack about paying past a certain amount because he tells me he is getting married soon and has to pay for a wedding. He's bustin my nuts over $1500. I said I would throw in the SC programmer at the $15,500. I truly feel I am losing quite a few deblooms even by letting it go at 15,500. What do you boys think?

Oh, I forgot to mention, his fiancee is a hottie. Just to look at her makes me want to drop my price.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
put it this way. how bad do you want to sell it. if you can get rid of it then and there for that it might be a good price. you can probably get what you want for it but who knows how long it is going to take.

·
6.05 at 54.66 in the dirt
916 Posts
Your close on price and seems fair if there are not many miles on your truck.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Keep your SC programmer, tell him $14,500. Sold. Then sell the SC programmer and make up some of the difference. And also have 'visiting' rights when he is 'away'. :)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Here's the deal, aftermarket parts = nothing on the resale market. In fact, they hurt the value unless you find a very specific buyer wanting those EXACT parts.

You have to look at it from a banking perspective. If I was going to finance this truck, they'd only finance up to the amount they believe its worth. They could care less if you have Superchips, tinted windows, HID's, etc., etc. They think, "If we repossess this vehicle, can we sell it for what is owed on the loan?" If that's $14,000 it is $14,000.

Trust me, I know its hard to see modifications be "given" to someone . . . or let them get it for pennies on the dollar compared to what you paid. But that's the name of the game when you customize a vehicle.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention, his fiancee is a hottie. Just to look at her makes me want to drop my price.
Wait . . . you're going to make a business decision based on some a$$ you aren't going to get? :ugh

Even if this wasn't someone who is engaged, you NEVER EVER EVER EVER make a monetary decision based on random a$$. Come on man :)

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait . . . you're going to make a business decision based on some a$$ you aren't going to get? :ugh

Even if this wasn't someone who is engaged, you NEVER EVER EVER EVER make a monetary decision based on random a$$. Come on man :)
All just a figure of speech. Oh, and her azz aint random, it's FINE!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Here's the deal, aftermarket parts = nothing on the resale market. In fact, they hurt the value unless you find a very specific buyer wanting those EXACT parts.
x1000

Aftermarket means nothing, not to be mean but you really dont have any high end parts. Maybe the gears but thats not even that expensive. If you had $15,000 in the motor then It would be different, but even then good luck getting a buyer. Be a good guy, sell it for $14,500 and tell him its his wedding present.

But as he hands you the check demand a private dodge talk photoshoot with the soon to be wifey and then share the pics!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Stay on the price if he really wants he will find a way to pay for it!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
All just a figure of speech. Oh, and her azz aint random, it's FINE!
Well, hopefully you were kidding about dropping the price based on that. If not, I was going to take out the "douche bag" sign and start waving it lol

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Why do I have a feeling this guy interested in your truck belongs on this forum? :)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Kris are you looking at buying a Hemi? lol

Hey, you need to play some MW2 too.

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
14,500 without superchips. something tells me this guys probably p whipped and aint budging past that.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

·
WDE
1,055 Posts
I don't know if I missed it, but how many miles are on the truck? Unless they are really low I would take his offer. I myself would pay a little more for mods done on a truck, but not anywhere near their worth.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Pic's of said hottie?

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
The money's close to being right. I think I'd settle for 14,500. Like a couple of others have said, the mods don't mean jack to the resale value. You'd be lucky to get 14,500 for it at a dealer. If it means you strip a few mods off the truck and sell them to make your 15,500, then work it out with him, but somehow I don't think that's what he's looking for. Check out autotrader to see what an '05 qc 2wd truck is going for with about the same mileage and see if it's the right ballpark in your neighborhood. If it is, let it go to someone that will take care of it (and that you can check up on if he doesn't).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.