DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the chrome front bumper and winch on my PW but what decent and not cheaply built but not wacky pricey front light bar/brush guard? I'm fine with a black one. I've seen a few on here and looking what is truly out there.

Sorry if a repost question.

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Here is the Brush Guard I currently have on mine. It has performed great for what I have put it through. I mounted two hooks where the the bumper mounts are, and have pulled a few guys out over the last two years since I have owned it. It also has a rubber liner on the two main beams of the guard, which has also come in handy when pushing other Veh.

Over all for the price and the looks I think it is a great brush guard. Also the company is offering free shipping right now as well.

One note I forgot to add, if you do go with something like this, I would not use the nuts/bolts it comes with. Go to a hardware store and replace them with grade 8 bolts!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-RAM-1500-2500-01-02-03-04-05-Grille-Brush-Guard_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem250363629047QQitemZ250363629047QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't mind the actual brush guard, but I would like to put some more lights on it.

Thanks,
John

·
Ecclesiastes 12:11-14
655 Posts
I also like the stock bumper on the 3rd gens and would like to do something like add a push bar one day that mounts where the tow-hooks do. I'm not crazy about a brush guard for my application, but most of them look good IMHO in black. From what I've researched, Westin and Warn make decent looking quality pieces. The Warn unit is modular and can be expanded. You can bet they won't be cheap.
-Ryan Mc.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I priced a Warn a while ago, holy coinage Batman!

·
Official Fuddy Duddy
535 Posts
better than the PW set which is about 1800 for just parts.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking for one that just says Power Wagon on it. I'm fine with something cheaper if it works.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's the one I got (sorry no pics of mine, I suck at the internet).

http://www.goindustries.com/home/go1/smartlist_64

It's the most heavy duty one of this type I could find; one-piece, fully welded, etc. I really like the step plate, headlight protectors, and radiator protection in the center section. The step plate makes it a lot easier to get to stuff in the engine bay. It requires no drilling, and YOU CAN KEEP YOUR FACTORY TOW HOOKS. When winching at extreme angles, the cable might hit the uprights, but the whole thing comes off with 4 bolts, so you could even throw it in the back of the truck if you expect to winch more than once. The powder coating is really nice, too.

·
Ecclesiastes 12:11-14
655 Posts
It's the most heavy duty one of this type I could find; one-piece, fully welded, etc. I really like the step plate, headlight protectors, and radiator protection in the center section. The step plate makes it a lot easier to get to stuff in the engine bay. It requires no drilling, and YOU CAN KEEP YOUR FACTORY TOW HOOKS. When winching at extreme angles, the cable might hit the uprights, but the whole thing comes off with 4 bolts, so you could even throw it in the back of the truck if you expect to winch more than once. The powder coating is really nice, too.
That's really nice, but how do you mount it if it doesn't bolt up to the front of the frame where the hooks are? If you want to send me a pic of your guard, or how it mounts, I'll post it for you fyi. [email protected]
-Ryan Mc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's really nice, but how do you mount it if it doesn't bolt up to the front of the frame where the hooks are? If you want to send me a pic of your guard, or how it mounts, I'll post it for you fyi. [email protected]
-Ryan Mc.
On that link I posted, you can click on "Dodge". You can then click on Part #46663, which shows a picture of it on a Ram. Then click for the installation instructions:teacher:. That should give you a pretty good idea.:rck::tup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.