25,280 Posts
2005 Mega Cab???

I like this part: "Mileage is unknown but it has to be really low."

lol

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah only been rolled 1/4 miles lol but it does look like a mega cab though that is what is wierd about it

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
318 Posts
That first one has been pickled all to heck. Notice the "INERT" sticker on the airbag?

At least you don't have to worry about how much tread is left on those tires, or if the truck is in alignment.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I bet that those two crash test dummys are the ones auctioning that off. ;)

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
that is definitely not a dakota. its a mega cab, cab if anything. how someone got their hands on it...i dont know, but its definitely not a dakota.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
My guess would be a mega cab mule or body part used for crash testing. Seller is in michigan so it ma be a junkyard find. It's definitely a mega cab body. Not sure why she's talking about mileage since there is no engine or any other moving parts. I would guess the airbag is inert since it wasn't a real road car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's probably a Mega Cab from Mexico or something. When I go down there, I see the Ram Chargers based on a '99 Ram all over the place. That SUV was never released here for some reason. Maybe the Mega was released there early or something?????

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
So your guess is that the mega cab, which was just released to autho shows a few months ago, was released early in mexico, bought, wrecked, cut apart and dumped in Michigan?

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Its a Megacab, but I bet like sgrizzle said it was just used for crash testing, that is the only thing that would explain it ...

·
Registered
632 Posts
crash testing, the end.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Looks like a factory test mule... or the remains of one... for the Mega Cab truck....... note that it has the '05 model year dash whereas the actual Mega Cab trucks have a redesigned dash..... also the location of the auction is Michigan, so it's pretty obvious that it was a factory test mule that has been disassembled and sent to the junk yard. How this Ebay seller ended up with it is another story...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
sgrizzle said:
So your guess is that the mega cab, which was just released to autho shows a few months ago, was released early in mexico, bought, wrecked, cut apart and dumped in Michigan?
What's so hard to believe about that??? lol

·
Hemi4Me
488 Posts
The amazing part is that someone purchased it! :crazy:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.