DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Over the last year or more it was getting harder and harder to pull the release lever and yesterday...SNAP...
1. I don't see how you can "manually" release it through the grill like on other cars. There must be a way... ?
2. I have done waterpumps, brake pads etc...how would you rate this replacement job AFA technicall skills needed?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Piece o' cake. Trace the release wire from the latch to the handle, and make sure you get it aligned and secured in all the same places with all the same hardware and you should be fine. The part should be pretty cheap, too. Where the release wire attaches to the latch and handle, the linkages can vary, but usually they're similar to throttle linkages.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Rick

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did the handle break off from the plastic mount, with the handle still connected to the cable, or did the cable completely break?

My van had a broken handle for about a year, and I had to pull the handle really hard, but it worked. It was easy to replace the cable and the handle.

If the cable broke, you may have to go in from underneath with a hanger or a pole and a flashlight to unhook it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is it !
After looking at it more...I found that the release lever is only broken away from its mounting or pivot point.
You are the man.
I owe you. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The cable and handle assembly is not very expensive, and it is pretty easy to replace. I waited for a year to do it, and every time I had the car worked on in that time, I had to open the hood because the person working on it couldn't get it.

I guess what I'm saying is, replace it now (if you haven't already) and save yourself some headaches.

And to everyone else--keep that cable lubricated! You may save yourself a headache!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.