DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a quiet valentines weekend, my 05 ram decided to show me how unhappy it was by me not getting it anything for Vday. On my way to work today the passenger rear axle snapped while I was on the freeway. Put me into the wall than I coasted to the shoulder. When the officer showed up we went for a walk and found the wheel, and brake assembly all still together along with the end of my axle. You could planely see the break pattern.

Has anybody else had any problems with their stock axles? Or am I just the lucky one.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but glad your ok. I think there was another post about the same thing, but will have to search to find it. Hope everything works out getting back on the road.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
It was less than a year ago happened to one or two others here. I think one of the was a slide into the curb that broke it, but the other was a break.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was just looking through a few threads. Your links weren't working for me for some reason. I do like my truck but this kind of thing really leaves a bad taste.. not to mention this is my first dodge and I've had it less then a year.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
it happens to people and not to some....

was this truck use/new? did u hit anything??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I was in open road, and changing lanes at around 55mph. felt the back end get rough kinda like I had a flat tire then it got real shifty on me and I pitched into the wall (driver side rear) at which point I was kinda thrown to the opposite side of the freeway at the other wall. (front passenger side impact) Ironicly the wheel that broke loose was the passenger rear, and it was never impacted in the whole ordeal. And judging by how far back the wheel was the cop and I figured I was one 3 wheels before the first impact. Dont get me wrong, sh*t happends just really sucks. But it could have been alot worse. There was oncoming traffic

·
Registered
837 Posts
The half ton trucks have cast iron axels, so they basically suck! I broke mine the same way that one guy did. Slid into a curb, but only at a couple miles an hour. It was wet out as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah see that would have been nice to know... And that looks a hell of alot like mine, except its got a kind of a point to it that I figure may have been the first stress point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.