DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help. Some jerk hit my truck in a parking lot and hit my passenger side mirror. It broke the cover but other than that, it's ok. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Dodge parts said I need to buy a whole new mirror costing over $500. Crazy since it's just a broken piece of plastic. The pic is another broken mirror I found.

Attachments

·
Yeah, it's got a HEMI....
2018 Ram 1500 Hemi Limited 4x4 CC
763 Posts
I think the only way your going to find individual replacement parts for your mirrors is to hit up a salvage yard and even then, you're probably only gonna find a complete mirror that you'd have to disassemble yourself for the particular part you need but, I wouldn't advise that. I think the reason there are no parts available is because of the way those mirrors are put together. They're really not made to be taken apart without messing them up. I dunno, if you have a set of small, flat screwdrivers, a lot of patience, a lot of time and are good at figuring out how stuff like that is assembled, give it a shot.

If you decide not to mess with it, places like LMC truck, partstrain and rock auto oughtta have aftermarket replacement mirrors for a lot cheaper than the stealership....

·
763 Posts
Sure thing....

I got them damn tow mirrors too and I think I'm gonna have to replace my driverside one some day unless I can figure out how to fix it where it don't rattle while driving down the road. The plastic cover like what's broke on urs is rattling on mine. Right there where the mirror arm swings in and out, one of the little, internal plastic screw holes is broke off and the only way I can see to get to it is the whole mirror needs to be stripped off.... At least I guess....hell, I don't know...lol.

·
763 Posts
What a D bag to not even leave insurance info

You act like ur suprised, my friend!!!!....lol. This is the wave of the future nowadays. Nobody cares anymore about other people's shit.

Actually, I shouldn't use the word "nobody".....lol. There are some of us that do care, there's just less and less of us as the years go by.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Look at swap meets. I got a OEM set for $150.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I received the new mirror, it was packed very well, double boxed. The tow mirror looked exactly like the original, and functions flawlessly. Glad I went this route.

·
763 Posts
Yep, sometimes the better route is just suckin' it up, spending the money and getting a new part rather than getting something used and trying to make it work....lol. Especially on them tow mirrors that wernt really designed to be taken apart and reassembled....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.