DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I inherited an 81 W150 from my grandfather after his passing. I pulled the instrument cluster out to replace the bulbs because they weren’t doing to great after 40 years. After putting it all back together, the brights indicator doesn’t work, and the brights won’t come on. The low beams and all the other lamps/ turn signals work, but when I step on the dimmer switch the brights don’t come on. Any ideas on what the problem could be? I should add that the brights worked a couple nights ago, and the high beam indicator would come on but was extremely dim.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nine times out of 10 this is just a bad connection maybe a corroded connection maybe a loose connection.. a lot of times water leaks coming down from the cowl.. there's two screws holding that foot clicker down there. I think a three-prong wire going into it as well check the connections on that and fiddle with it that and the actual headlight switch itself can get corroded from not being used as well. I would pull it in and out real fast and work it a little bit and see if that doesn't help...
it doesn't sound like a burnt out bulb or anything like that or two burnt out bulbs at the same time. Just something not getting the signal...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nine times out of 10 this is just a bad connection maybe a corroded connection maybe a loose connection.. a lot of times water leaks coming down from the cowl.. there's two screws holding that foot clicker down there. I think a three-prong wire going into it as well check the connections on that and fiddle with it that and the actual headlight switch itself can get corroded from not being used as well. I would pull it in and out real fast and work it a little bit and see if that doesn't help...
it doesn't sound like a burnt out bulb or anything like that or two burnt out bulbs at the same time. Just something not getting the signal...
Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks, I’ll give that a try.
sorry I wrote that yesterday and just noticed I didn't push the reply button and send it out LOL.. I like to use WD-40 to clean the electrical connections or just spray some in there it won't hurt nothing electrical... FYI maybe you knew but WD-40 is a cleaner not a lubricant... And doesn't have adverse effects on electrical stuff...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts